How much?

youngone

Dec 4, 2002
NEPA
I know you guys probably hate these threads but what do guys think this combo will put down rwhp wise? I just bought the heads, will I have to upgrade the injectors and MAF with these heads? I currently have stock inj. and MAF

Stock '90 shortblock
f-303 cam
Y303 heads
Cobra intake-unported
75mm t/b
stock MAF
Full exhaust
no a/c, smog
underdrive pulleys

• Sponsors (?)

16 3/4 hp.

put on a k&n cone filter and you could probably pick up 233 1/4 hp. jusy kidding with stock fuel and mass air sensor you just defeated the purpose of the big throttle body in my opinion but with what you have im guessing 235-245 ish

your basically killing that motor with the stock stuff.. if you go to the extent of all that stuff, you may as well throw that on there. I suggest going all the way, and you will see more beneficial numbers.. a ported intake would be worth it as well.. and the cams kinda big for the whole combo in my eyes

Once again stangnet delivers no help at all.

considering you cant put a rating on each individual part, its all about the combo, and how the cars setup, you damn near can't tell someone what they'll get.. hell the trickflow kit is a "320" hp kit like they claim, well people bolt it on and they only see 290 usually.. parts over lap and its all about how they work together

16 3/4 hp.

put on a k&n cone filter and you could probably pick up 233 1/4 hp. jusy kidding with stock fuel and mass air sensor you just defeated the purpose of the big throttle body in my opinion but with what you have im guessing 235-245 ish

I bought the car with all the stuff I listed except the Y303 heads, it came with ported e7's. I plan to change the injectors and MAF, but not at this very moment.

considering you cant put a rating on each individual part, its all about the combo, and how the cars setup, you damn near can't tell someone what they'll get.. hell the trickflow kit is a "320" hp kit like they claim, well people bolt it on and they only see 290 usually.. parts over lap and its all about how they work together

I was actually looking for a ballpark figure, not an exact number.

your basically killing that motor with the stock stuff.. if you go to the extent of all that stuff, you may as well throw that on there. I suggest going all the way, and you will see more beneficial numbers.. a ported intake would be worth it as well.. and the cams kinda big for the whole combo in my eyes

I'm not exactly made of money so I have to do things a little at a time. I'm tossing around the idea of porting the Cobra or selling it and putting that money towards a different intake. I'm not sure yet.