How often do you drive your Fox? (besides DD people)

No AC so if it's cool enough I'll jump in it after coming home from work. Other than that, at least once a weekend.

I live in a rural area and I take it "around the block" which is about 4 miles of country roads.

• Sponsors (?)

A few times a week when the weather is nice, try to hit a couple of charity car shows to support them and have some fun. I have another weekend warrior and bike so I have to squeeze them in also which is tougher than it sounds, one of them sits longer than I would like.

I don't see the sense in having a toy car and not driving it. My philosophy is "if the sun's shining, it's what I'm driving". I don't drive it in the rain or snow, but other than that I absolutely drive the dog piss out of my car. I easily put more miles on the Stang in the summer time than I do my '06 Fusion. I've even contemplated putting a bike rack on the Mustang so I can drive it on days that I want to mountain bike after work.

This totally +1.

As long as my stang is in running order I try to drive it as much as possible March - first snowfall. I won't take it on days I know it's going to rain or if it's already raining before I head off to work...then again it's not a big deal if it gets wet to me either (it just doesn't have inner fender liners currently). For all the time, effort, and money I put into the thing it would be a complete waste if it sat in a garage most of it's life.

I haven't driven my true DD maxima in over 2 weeks, even without working a/c in the stang!

Haven't been driving it a lot. It's an old car. I have my truck if I want a daily.

I got it in under the Silver Wheels policy (which is awesome because it's costing me less than $200/year to insure). So I don't mind that it's parked in my garage a lot of the time, when the cost of insuring it reflects the usage.

...but that means no daily driving, no to and from work and no racing. So I pretty much just take it out on nice days, or to the local cruise night. Which is fine. That's pretty much all the driving I was doing with my last summer car for the last 3-years, but paying 6X as much for the insurance. :(

I can't believe how little some of you drive them. I can't because I'm stationed overseas, and also deployed, but when I'm at home, I drive it as often as possible. I'm going to wear mine out a few times over before I wreck it and start over again... that's the plan anyway. It's a car to be enjoyed.

I'm with FD. I've put about 14K on mine since I got it in March 08. I thought it was more, but I forgot that I didn't drive it very much the first year I had it.

I drive mine as much as I can, which lately has worked out to about once or twice a week. I was driving it to work on Fridays, but the environment where I work is ridiculously corrosive, so I'm thinking I'm going to stop. All of the company trucks there rust out in a few years. It's not worth losing my car. If I haven't been in the heat all day long when I get in, I'll pull it out of the garage and put 5 or 6 miles on it. Weekends I let 'er rip!

I'm around 500 miles in the last 7 years. Last time I drove it was last October.

I start it up, drive it around the parking lot where I store it, but that's about it. If I had a house with a garage, I would pull the motor and spend a year or so building a very nice engine setup :). Right now, I can't do it though.

Car has sentimental value, so I'll never sell it. But as I have gotten older, different things have taken priority.

Plus, when the weekend shows up, I tend to go golfing :)

I'm around 500 miles in the last 7 years. Last time I drove it was last October.

I start it up, drive it around the parking lot where I store it, but that's about it. If I had a house with a garage, I would pull the motor and spend a year or so building a very nice engine setup :). Right now, I can't do it though.

Car has sentimental value, so I'll never sell it. But as I have gotten older, different things have taken priority.

Not trying to tell a man about his business, But if my home limited me from the things I liked doing, I'm quite sure I'd sell it and move somewhere that met my needs!

Oh, wait, I did that...:rolleyes:

You and me both, we are getting OLD. It was just a different time and era back then. Then on top of that life comes and gets in the way. Maybe when we are old men we'll drive our old mustangs out to meets and reminence about the good ole days.