how screwed am I?

• Sponsors (?)

here is a pic, i could not get the gasket to lay in it's spot so I am pointing to where it goes with the pen, you can see the gasket laying there. It is a tubular gasket, very pliable (sp). It had no adhesive on it whatsoever, so it was impossible to replace and keep it in position thats why it's cut, I thought i had it in position and pressed but the it fell out and the sharp aluminum cut it.

View attachment 264360

You should definately be able to call the manufacture or vortech retailer to inquire about buying a gasket. Should be cheap and easy to replace.

However, I seriously doubt you'll have any problems running without this gasket. I've had the turbos for my 2.3 apart many times, and often run no gasket. I've never had a problem with leaks and run 20+psi.

I was thinking the RTV may be OK especially since the car wont be running for another week so the rtv would have plenty of time to dry, however If i can run it without it that would be better. I'll call vortech in the morning and see what they say.

I spoke with Vortech, they had the o-ring for $8.95. They also looked up my serial number on my blower and told me it was 8 years old, I couldn't believe it was that old, but so far no problems with it. Thanks for the help on this one.

if anyone knows the name of that gasket adhesive to keep gakets in place please let me know. Thanks again

I spoke with Vortech, they had the o-ring for $8.95. They also looked up my serial number on my blower and told me it was 8 years old, I couldn't believe it was that old, but so far no problems with it. Thanks for the help on this one.

if anyone knows the name of that gasket adhesive to keep gakets in place please let me know. Thanks again

if you just use some petroleum jelly to hold it into place it will work fine... it wont hurt anything. i am a helicopter mechanic and use it all the time to hold seals and o-ring in place for installations...