how tall is it?

trustno1

Aug 17, 2006
Hello all. On a 03/04 4.6 4V DOHC cobra engine how tall is the supercharger? I got the dimensions of a NA 4.6 4V DOHC but how much do I have to build around with a supercharged cobra model? THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

I think the snout/pulley on the Eaton sc will hit a stock GT hood. You could cut the bracing on the underside and possibly get it to fit without cutting a hole all the way through. Or a 2 1/2" cowl type hood would work.

What are you trying to do? Install a Terminator engine in a GT? Install an Eaton from a Cobra on a 2v? Install the Eaton on a 4v that was originally naturally aspirated? The height of the overall engine / supercharger assembly will depend on which intake manifold you use and whether it's a 4v or 2v engine.

As for hood clearance, if you're trying to install an Eaton from a Terminator on a GT, it will not fit under the factory hood. Tork Tech sells a slightly longer GT hood scoop that is meant to cover the hole created when installing their kit, so that might work for you.

I went with the 1995-style Cobra R hood from Cervini's instead :) (actually, I had the hood already when I bought the blower).