How tight are the '05-09 interiors?

• Sponsors (?)

Way more head room than the edge body mustang. My 02 had me slumping to drie becasue of how low the roof was in comparison. I wear a ball cap in my 05 with no issues. I am 5'11" if that gives you reference, and I drive with the seat pretty close to the wheel.

A very old friend's father (just passed away in March) was 6'6" and he would climb into ANY mustang and fit. He owned 87 mustangs alone throughout his lifetime. Sorry your height just made me think of him. He was like a second dad to me when I was younger.

Good luck

You should have no problem, Im 5"11 and there is probably 6 inchs
of headroom. With the electric seat you can go down even more if needed...
Its highly adjustable.You can easily get the seat position perfect for your height.:nice:

Works for me

I'm 6' 7" driving an 07 (bought in April 2010) and I fit fine with the seat all the way to the rear.

Of course nobody rides in the back seat behind me!!!

OK I'm glad to hear that.

Usually I have issues with legroom, rather than headroom. My GF has an '07 Camry and it's tight for me in both areas.

I sat in a '97 years ago and there was no way I could have driven that car (My right knee was basically wedged between the steering wheel and shifter), but I fit just fine in my old '90.

I love my, "new-to-me",.. 2005 Mustang .... but "COME ON ALREADY FORD"!!! .... AND all you "AFTERMARKET" companies!! .... what's with the, "NO TELESCOPING/(or real-tilt for that matter..) STEERING WHEEL"? They even go as far as calling our,.. "forward angled" steering wheels',.. "up-down" adjusting option,... "TILT STEERING"!! NO IT'S NOT!! An "option",.. that lets you move the whole "steering wheel assembly",...."up and down",... BUT leaves the wheel angled FORWARD!! ... is not TILT steering. The mustangs are SOOOO comfortable,.. but that "no real tilt/no telescoping" thing,... just ruins the whole driving experience. For any "aftermarket" accessory people reading this post,... it doesn't even need the telescoping portion to correct the major inconvenience,... just having the ability to "ACTUALLY" tilt the wheel itself to a 90* angle,... would suffice. After that,.... a person could just adjust his/her seating. Thanks 4-listening.