How to beat a PI Stang.

• Sponsors (?)

Jerk :p

But look at how many people here can't get their stock or even modified PI stangs to beat my 14.2. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuff30
Can you drive well? I've beaten the drivers of plenty of PI stangs with my bone stock NPI just from keeping it maintained and driving well. Otherwise, we all know there's no way in hell I could take them with an equally compitent driver behind the wheel.

Here, let me fix that for ya....:D

Jerk :p

But look at how many people here can't get their stock or even modified PI stangs to beat my 14.2. ;)

True, but I would say for certain that it has more to do with the driver and track conditions than with the car itself. With the exception of the odd automatic equipped, or convertible New Edge stang, pretty much any '99-up GT is able to run low-14's in stock trim with relative consistency? :shrug:

I would say that you knocking down the 14.2 with your pre-PI GT is more the anomaly in this comparison.

Nice time either way. :nice:

I rode in a non pi stang, 97 I believe with roughly the same mods as mine just not tuned. Not to knock you non pi guys but it was seriously lacking in low end torque. I have no doubt that my car would put a few car lengths on one from stop to 100.

I was just wondering what kind of estimated numbers i would put down with, PI intake, K&N drop in, Ported NPI heads, PI Cams, LT's with custom H pipe? I will post another vid this later this week, im going to take in some of your guys advice and see if I have improved any better.

I was just wondering what kind of estimated numbers i would put down with, PI intake, K&N drop in, Ported NPI heads, PI Cams, LT's with custom H pipe? I will post another vid this later this week, im going to take in some of your guys advice and see if I have improved any better.

I would guess about 245-255 at the wheels if I had to take a shot in the dark.

With those mods you should walk on 99-04's. The only N/A 99-04's that have beaten me have had pretty much every bolt-on you can get. Stock PI's are pretty much done for.

Once I get done with MBT and Tech School, I'll be adding DR's and a plenum/tb combo and I'll be shooting for 12.9's. After that she goes on the bottle while I save for an engine swap.

Hey guys, my friend has a 99 GT 5spd, 373's CAI, plenum throttle body, underdrive pulleys. I have basically stock, just a PI intake and K&N filter. I just got some heads i will be porting out, with hopefully some comp cams 262s. Oh I will try to do Long Tubes while i have the motor apart also. Is this enough that wipe that grin off his uptight a$$? He is always putting down NPI cars. If this isnt enough, what other mods should i get? Thanks

Best bet is to get a good 60ft, drive it like you hate it & you can possibly hold them off thru about the middle of third gear. As for the top of third and all of forth you might want to invest in a little spray.