How To Convert To a Fox Style Throttle Body

one advantage would be for what I had to do today.

I had a leaking injector and had to replace the O-ring.

a 30min job was an hour job because I had to take that stupid elbo piece off along with the trotle place and vaccume tree.

Just alot cleaner and easier to to things.

And a little wieght reduction without the elbo there and a smaller TB.

• Sponsors (?)

Mrgreen94gt said:
I'd imagine you could keep EGR, but it would be fairly difficult to route it. May be able to use the EGR stuff from an 87-93 car.
Using the EGR from 87-93 should be as easy as putting in the EGR spacer. But I believe it is supposed to be cooled with engine coolant, so there would be some plumbing for that.

Dave

Jake...I see those pics came in handy... :D

Here's mine with the 93 Cobra intake....I posted, as a ???? on the EGR was asked...You can see the 93 needs no EGR delete plate...Its an electric unit, it came with mine but I didn't put it on, it bolts to a passage in the back, which i made a delete plate for...the plug even looks like it would connect to our EGR plug??? Whether or not the computer accepts the signal and works it needs to be verified...this set-up also uses no tube from the header....i also believe the 93 didnt have the water cooled EGR spacer, like in an Explorer. I found this out when I installed this upper. my old CAI was 2" longer??? Thats the thickness of the EGR spacer...Hence I had to use a CL tube to get around the shock tower...That 2" hurt me CAI wise....Jakes is much straighter shot for sure....But I always had a soft spot for the 93 upper... :banana:

cobra_cai_painted.jpg

motor_pic_04.jpg

Yea...you need a fox TPS and then just splice the wires together like I said. Go to a junk yard and you might be able to find both sides of the TPS plug so you can have a factory looking setup.

Jake

HairyCanary said:
I am curious as to what the Ford part M-9989-A is -- "Adapter Harness T.P.S. 1994-95 Mustang Engines". That's about all I can find out about it, and I have not seen any pictures.

Here's a pic that I scanned for ya and the description that goes along with it.

Rick

Attachments

• FRPP M-9989-A1 TPS Adapter Harness.jpg
    FRPP M-9989-A1 TPS Adapter Harness.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 514
rockin_rick said:
Here's a pic that I scanned for ya and the description that goes along with it.
Damn, you the man! :hail2:

I see it only has two wires, but otherwise the connector on it looks suspiciously like the one on the Fox body TPS. Now someone needs to grab one and try it out. Maybe the third wire is extra... :shrug:. This would also save having to splice any wires at all.

Dave

FordStang said:
hey rockin rick where did u find that harness? and where can i buy it? i need to hook up my foxbody TPS to my 94-95

The pic is from the 2004 Ford Racing catalog (p.31). Looking closer at the pic in the catalog, it appears to show a third wire. Maybe?? You can just BARELY see it in the pic I posted right in the middle of the top loop under the other 2. It's very faint. Plus the pic below of part M-12071-J302 (speed sensor connector) looks like the identical pic with the TPS plug just cropped out. So perhaps it would be a good idea to call the Ford Racing tech hotline (586-468-1356) first and ask them.

Summit has them in stock (as of 9/3/04) for $13.88 -

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=esearch.asp&N=100&Ntk=PartSearch&Ntt=fms-m-9989-a1

Rick

Hey Jake...Remember that stank looking IAC you sent.... :D

Check it out...I detailed it up some with the custom Ford logo in Red. Iwas bored one nite...Working just fine....

intake.09.jpg

iac_red_1.jpg