How to do Smog equipment Delete?

UpRise_5.0

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2002
Canada
I just got longtubes and I have decided to scrap my smog equipment.

I didnt just wanna run a shortbelt, I wanned to scrape the air pump,hoses,etc..

So how would I go about doing this?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

well tons of people sell dead pullies u can put in it's place. then just pull off all the hoses and take the pump out. Makes everything look so much nicer but you wont pass inspection like that. they are required to check uder the hood and car to make sure the emissions stuff hasnt been messed wiht.

When 88stangmangt said inspection, he was talking about Emmisions Testing, which even then, unless you live in one of the communist tree hugger states, they really don't care, as long as it gets past the sniffer. The track doesn't care at all about emmisions equipment is on it or not.

Your smog equipment consist of several different components, some more nessasary than others.

The first thing that should go is the air pump/smog pump. You can run a bypassing belt then delete it easily. Just plug the two vaccume lines, pull off the pump itself, and plug up the pipes. One pipe goes to the back of the heads, (no, it isn't an EGR pipe) the other to the H pipe. How it worked isn't important, what is important is it comming off. You will either need to plug the pipes where the rubber ends or delete them, which can be a PITA. There have been many ideas on how to plug the holes on the back of the head, how I have done it is to remove the pipe from the mounts, turn the backwards and rebolt them on without the actual pipe itself. Kind of hard to explain, but works. You can cut the H pipe pipe down and crimp it to stop that also.

Converters: Your car came with 4 of them, and not nearly as freeflow as the more moderen ones. Easy to delete.

Charcoal cannister: keeps the fuel smell out of the car, might want to keep that.

EGR system: not really important to delete. There are delete kits to do a proper delete.