How To Get Louder 98 Gt

• Sponsors (?)

That is not what I wanted to hear lol

I know but food for thought:

Once upon a time, I installed a complete Bassani exhaust system onto my Fox. It sounded great! Low rumble, relatively quiet, and woke up a bit at Wide Open Throttle.

Enter Dart block, stroker, real heads, and one-off blower cam. My wife doesn't even like to ride in it anymore. Too loud. Exact same exhaust system.

Reactions: 1 user

Once upon a time, I installed a complete Bassani exhaust system onto my Fox. It sounded great! Low rumble, relatively quiet, and woke up a bit at Wide Open Throttle.

Enter Dart block, stroker, real heads, and one-off blower cam. My wife doesn't even like to ride in it anymore. Too loud. Exact same exhaust system.
No headers? And I guess the more airflow, the louder the car?

Yep... It makes 480 HP and 560 ft/lbs to the wheels. The Kenne Bell helps in that department too. hehe

One day-Noobz will post pics of his car(s) and all will be right in the world of Stangnet :)

Maybe your wife doesn't like to ride because of that Kenne bell whine haha

It's the exhaust drone while passing through certain RPM ranges.

The Kenne Bell on that motor is relatively quiet. It's not forcing air through an intercooler like the later kits (unfortunately).

I usually tell folks that if they're able to hear by blower, it's the signal to the end of their ass-whooping. :D

No headers? And I guess the more airflow, the louder the car?
Headers, particularly long tube headers will make for a different sound. Not louder, but i love the raspiness it makes. This with an x crossover will help with quality of sound.

It will be marginally louder without the cats, but that gives you other issues (stinky exhaust).

Like noobz said, build the engine, that'll make it louder.

You said more airflow, that's a loaded statement. Remember that your engine is nothing more than an air pump, so, yes, more airflow will bring out the volume. But more airflow means more money. Depends what you got, as the saying goes, "all's it takes is money".

Headers, particularly long tube headers will make for a different sound. Not louder, but i love the raspiness it makes. This with an x crossover will help with quality of sound.

It will be marginally louder without the cats, but that gives you other issues (stinky exhaust).

Like noobz said, build the engine, that'll make it louder.

You said more airflow, that's a loaded statement. Remember that your engine is nothing more than an air pump, so, yes, more airflow will bring out the volume. But more airflow means more money. Depends what you got, as the saying goes, "all's it takes is money".
True, my friend said low hp cars have trouble getting loud, said putting a cam and headers in it would definitely make it louder