How to get remote keyless entry to work when I don't have a remote?

5spd GT

"the 5.0 owns all"
Founding Member
Aug 7, 2002
Arkansas
I was talking to a buddy of mine and he has a spare remote (lock/unlock/panic/trunk) for a 99 v6. Can I use it? How do I program it for my car?

Is it even possible?

Thanks for any ideas:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

should be able to use it... i got one from ebay one time..

what i remember having to do was put the key in the ignition and turn it on/off a certain amount of times (14 or something) then press a button on the remote and it will program it

Get in your car, and shut the door.

Put the key in the ignition, and turn it On/Accessary (Dont start the car) turn it ON/Off 8 times. It should cycle your door locks. If it doesnt, then your car is not capable of having factory keyless entry. If they DO cycle, press and hold the lock and unlock button on the remote at the same time, for about one second. The locks should then cycle again. If everything is done correctly, they should now be programmed.

99BRINGIT said:

Put the key in the ignition, and turn it On/Accessary (Dont start the car) turn it ON/Off 8 times. It should cycle your door locks. If it doesnt, then your car is not capable of having factory keyless entry. If they DO cycle, press and hold the lock and unlock button on the remote at the same time, for about one second. The locks should then cycle again. If everything is done correctly, they should now be programmed.

That's what I was thinking.. That's how they programmed mine when I bought my '99 V6 back in the day..

So heck yeah David, whenever we meet up remind me to bring that remote! :D

99BRINGIT said:

Yeah what he said