Electrical How To Get Rid Of Code 12

wyteelx

Founding Member
Apr 17, 2000
Ohio
Hey yall
havent been here for a awhile. But the stang is up and running again!! After a LONG spell of well basically no cash for it, the pieces sitting in the garage, are now a car. While sitting I POR - 15'd the engine bay, painted lots of other stuff, and cleaned up all the wiring and vacuum, emissions, Its running strong but during KOER test i keep getting code 12. 33 94 44 and KOEO 82 and 33. I know all the others are from removing emissions but I dont get the code 12? Ive searched and I know its for idle control, 2 IACs still get the 12. Base idle set at 900 IAC unhooked TPS .95 FP 39. It will stall out setting base idle lower I tried 700 up to 1200 to see a change or even get a 13 instead. Thanks ahead..

• Sponsors (?)

P5020490.JPG
P5020477.JPG
some pics

Hey yall
havent been here for a awhile. But the stang is up and running again!! After a LONG spell of well basically no cash for it, the pieces sitting in the garage, are now a car. While sitting I POR - 15'd the engine bay, painted lots of other stuff, and cleaned up all the wiring and vacuum, emissions, Its running strong but during KOER test i keep getting code 12. 33 94 44 and KOEO 82 and 33. I know all the others are from removing emissions but I dont get the code 12? Ive searched and I know its for idle control, 2 IACs still get the 12. Base idle set at 900 IAC unhooked TPS .95 FP 39. It will stall out setting base idle lower I tried 700 up to 1200 to see a change or even get a 13 instead. Thanks ahead..

that idle is too high as you already know. mine was set very high when i bought it and it took a new tps and constantly adjusting the idle and tps till it would idle at normal. try idling down slowly and readjusting the tps as you do it.

You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D:

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 125,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.

J, I was hoping youd see this your checklist is how ive gotten this far. Ive read ALL of it Great Stuff, even made it its own pdf to take it on the tablet to the garage. I dont know alot about all the electrical testing. But its awesome info. What should I be checking to trace this?

J, I was hoping youd see this your checklist is how ive gotten this far. Ive read ALL of it Great Stuff, even made it its own pdf to take it on the tablet to the garage. I dont know alot about all the electrical testing. But its awesome info. What should I be checking to trace this?
Checklist procedures are written because I'm not there, staring over your shoulder to see the engine, what mods it has and how it runs. For this reason, start with the top of the checklist and work your way down through it. If you are diligent and careful not to overlook anything, you will find and fix the problem.

I got it from from my pops?! He was just a FUN ASS goofy stuck in the 70's weirdo. RIP. Miss him. Pretty sure I found the problem too. When I got the car it had a chip. I took it off and when I put the connector back on I didnt tighten it enough I guess. Went through all the wiring checks ( bad results ) and when i got to the computer it was only finger tight (duh). Tightened it all up and I have IAC function again! Thanks guys for providing us with all this knowledge. Gonna go check it all out.