How to hit low 11's/high 10's NA?

I have a 91 5.0 with Twisted Wedge heads, Track Heat Intake, F Cam, BBK Shorty headers, Mac Off road pipe, Mac 3.5 inch tips and A CAI. This is all on the stock bottom end. No power adder. I am currently running low 12's but I want to get down to low 11's and high 10's. I am thinking a DSS 347 stroker replacing my stock bottom end will do it. Can I hit low 11's with the 347 or possibly high 10's? Will I need a 75 hp shot of nitrous to put it into the high 10 range? Is a 347 capable of getting me to where I want to be? Any other suggestions? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

ok well i got a 302 based motor that is just a 306 and i am running it na and it should be going low 11s to high 10s i mean more cubic inchs does help but you can do it on a 302 with high flow heads and intake and a good setup

my set up is a whole edelbrock victor jr setup and shifting at 7600 so i knwo it can be done

well with that said build a 302 to the gills or run a 347

agent007kimball said:
I have a 91 5.0 with Twisted Wedge heads, Track Heat Intake, F Cam, BBK Shorty headers, Mac Off road pipe, Mac 3.5 inch tips and A CAI. This is all on the stock bottom end. No power adder. I am currently running low 12's but I want to get down to low 11's and high 10's. I am thinking a DSS 347 stroker replacing my stock bottom end will do it. Can I hit low 11's with the 347 or possibly high 10's? Will I need a 75 hp shot of nitrous to put it into the high 10 range? Is a 347 capable of getting me to where I want to be? Any other suggestions? Thanks

Did you just buy this car? My friend just sold a car to someone in NJ and it had those mods on it.

With some porting to both the heads and intake, custom P/S style cam and a good tune you could go deep 11's with the 302/306. Combine those mods with a good high reving 347 10.5:1 comp and high-mid 10's are possible, it is all in the complete combo.

To go 10's your definitly going to need to have work done on the intake and heads, and a good custom ground cam..talk to Ed @ FTI he is the top guy to go to for Pure Street style set-ups and can help you with anything mentioned above...

I've got a friend that has a carbed dss pro-bullet 331 with stage III TW heads from anderson with their n-91 hirev cam that is running 11.30's at 122mph na. He shifts at 7,200 with a tremec tko and 4.56 gears. This is a daily driven street car with no drivability issues whatsoever.

With my 306CI FTI custom cam.... Lightly and I mean lightly ported TFS TW heads.. Stock out of the bax Holley SysteMax Intake... 10:1 comp... Went 11.12 @ 121 @ 3125lbs

It's all in the combo... There is a big gap between low 11's and high 10's.. you need to pick on for your goal because both will require different amounts of work... It's a much bigger gap then say low 14 to high 13's.. It just takes more power to make up the difference..

Going to want longtubes/ Good size Injector / and the right parts matched up top...

Well id like to go low 11's on just the motor and then maybe throw in a 100 hp shot of nitrous to break into the high 10's. It seems that lots of you guys are using 306's to do this rather then 347's. Is the 306 better for what I want to do or will the increased displacement make it easy to reach it?