How to keep her clean?

FallenPhoenix

Nov 22, 2003
Odessa Tx
I should be taking delivery of an '04 Sonic Blue GT tommorow afternoon, after the hell I've been through already, who knows though. So if all goes well, what are some tips to keep my baby clean? She may be garaged but I'm not sure yet.

• Sponsors (?)

Very simple.

floormats to keep the carpet clean, vacuum frequently, dont smoke in it, dont eat in it, etc. its all pretty simple from there!

The exterior, I would use a good wax, I love NXT, keeps it alot more clean that other waxes (repels dust and leeches water)

I would clean the wheels about once a week, and they should stay like new, and clean the tires to keep it looking sharp.

If you do ALOT of driving, then you should clean the bottom as well, nothing is more ugly than an ugly under body.

Make anymore questions a little more specific, and i will give you all I got

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the tips :nice: What do you think about using a Carnuba wax? I know they're hard as hell to apply and get off but would it be worth it? I also plan to buy a clay bar as soon as possible and give it a nice wash, clay bar, wax, tommorow morning :) I'll pick up some NXT wax when I get the claybar if you can get that at autozone. Also, is there anything I can use to keep the "leather" in top condition?

FallenPhoenix said:
Thanks for the tips :nice: What do you think about using a Carnuba wax? I know they're hard as hell to apply and get off but would it be worth it? I also plan to buy a clay bar as soon as possible and give it a nice wash, clay bar, wax, tommorow morning :) I'll pick up some NXT wax when I get the claybar if you can get that at autozone. Also, is there anything I can use to keep the "leather" in top condition?

Actually that is not true. Carnauba waxes vary in difficulty. One of the easiest out there is S100. It goes on easy and wipes off with almost no effort. You can find it at most Harley dealerships. Durability is so so, I would apply it once a month to keep the protection up with S100.

NXT is a good choice. A few of things to keep in mind to get the best results with it. First, make sure you apply it thin, more is not better. If you are going to do more than one layer wait 24 hours between layers. After you apply and remove NXT make sure you don't get it wet for 24 hours in order to allow it to fully cure, that means no quik detailers, no washing, no rain, etc....

You might want to visit these sites for some great articles on detailing. They both appear to be down at the moment but, keep trying :shrug:

www.bettercarcare.com
www.autopia.org