How to make my stang beat 2005 gt ?

• Sponsors (?)

I ran an '05+ from a roll when I had everything but my 4.10's and got him by a little less than 2 cars. I don't know what, if anything, he had done to his car. I'd say that if I ran one from a dig with my 4.10's now installed, I'd probably beat it pretty badly. But those 3v's pull pretty hard. I think my weight advantage helped a lot.

I ran an '05+ from a roll when I had everything but my 4.10's and got him by a little less than 2 cars. I don't know what, if anything, he had done to his car. I'd say that if I ran one from a dig with my 4.10's now installed, I'd probably beat it pretty badly. But those 3v's pull pretty hard. I think my weight advantage helped a lot.

exactly. with the proper gears in our cars with mods we can get the jump from weight advantage but those 3vs have a nice top end. if you have ever driven one they dont die out on power like the 2vs do just over 4500 they pull strong all the way till 6k. they are very nice cars. I have seen them stock trapping 83mph in the 1/8th with like an 8.6 ET which is very good.

The one thing i hate about the 05+ though is that in the burnout box they tend to wheel up lol. where as mine just spins when i dump the clutch in my bros car it wheels hops. but when shifting to second you get a healthy chirp from the tires and i spin like none other lol. they grip better than our cars imo

i have had no problems beating a couple different ones, and my friend has an 06 and even with nothing but exhaust and cai my car pulled harder than his. both are 5 speed cars. they are really heavy.

haha speaking of bikes and vettes. On the way home from work a couple weekends ago I saw this blue (looked like a 2000) vette getting spanked by a bike. I watched as they passed and continued to watch in my mirror and the bike was long gone as the vette was still playing catch up.

haha speaking of bikes and vettes. On the way home from work a couple weekends ago I saw this blue (looked like a 2000) vette getting spanked by a bike. I watched as they passed and continued to watch in my mirror and the bike was long gone as the vette was still playing catch up.

i did that to a supra on my bike.lol except from a stop light i was accelerating somewhat fast to get over in front of him so i could turn not intending to race at all then i hear him nail on it and spool the turbo so i crack the gas open and jump like 6 cars in just 1st gear lol didnt even need to go to 2nd cause i was trying to make a left hand turn at the next light lol.

hahahahaha all very good suggestions. or sell the car and buy a bike and dont have trouble beating just about anything on the roads lol. then with the left over money buy a civic for those rainy days lol.

Better advice, get a liter bike then you won't have to worry about getting beat by almost anything ;) Haha funny story though, I raced a lambo gallardo on my gixxer 600 and walked him - we were both alone and he just stamped on it so I go and pulled him slightly, was a very cool experience (on a track.. :p )

Better advice, get a liter bike then you won't have to worry about getting beat by almost anything ;) Haha funny story though, I raced a lambo gallardo on my gixxer 600 and walked him - we were both alone and he just stamped on it so I go and pulled him slightly, was a very cool experience (on a track.. :p )

hahahahaha nice bikes FTW!!!!! Im looking to do a 30 shot of the juice to the bike. ever since i juiced the stang im hooked lol.

hahahahaha nice bikes FTW!!!!! Im looking to do a 30 shot of the juice to the bike. ever since i juiced the stang im hooked lol.

Yeah for sure. My buddy is putting a 40 shot on his 05 R1, it'll be fast lol. I'll probably end up with a spray kit this summer...but right now I'm looking for a bare head to have ported, a guy I know just bought a cylinder head porting company so I'm set for cheap ports :D You really can't beat 30-50hp for $300-$400 on a bike, haha :rlaugh:

Screw a vette...Buy a Mach 1 & u wont have any problems:D

A Mach 1 is not enough...

I have an 05 GT, I have killed every Mach 1 that has tried it at the track I go to. I haven't seen a Mach 1 run a faster time than it and some of those Mach's have a lot more mods than me. In fact I have killed every type of Mustang from 1979 - 04 except Cobra's. I haven't ran any year Cobra yet.

On a Mustang Dyno, I put down 276 RWHP with just a SLP LM axleback. The 04 GT that followed me had a Magnaflow catback, he put down 235 RWHP. Both of our cars are 5 spd manuals.

My Mustang with a full tank of gas and full weight with no driver weighed 3476 pounds, a little less than a friend's 04 Mach 1.

If you pick on an 05+ where the driver can drive it, a PI headswap and gears won't be enough. Where people can drive the 05 Mustang GT properly, they are low 13 - mid 13 car stock. Like a Mach 1, it doesn't take much to put an 05 GT into the 12's. Be careful in what you bite into...

I have an 05 GT, I have killed every Mach 1 that has tried it at the track I go to. I haven't seen a Mach 1 run a faster time than it and some of those Mach's have a lot more mods than me. In fact I have killed every type of Mustang from 1979 - 04 except Cobra's. I haven't ran any year Cobra yet.

On a Mustang Dyno, I put down 276 RWHP with just a SLP LM axleback. The 04 GT that followed me had a Magnaflow catback, he put down 235 RWHP. Both of our cars are 5 spd manuals.

My Mustang with a full tank of gas and full weight with no driver weighed 3476 pounds, a little less than a friend's 04 Mach 1.

If you pick on an 05+ where the driver can drive it, a PI headswap and gears won't be enough. Where people can drive the 05 Mustang GT properly, they are low 13 - mid 13 car stock. Like a Mach 1, it doesn't take much to put an 05 GT into the 12's. Be careful in what you bite into...

You must not race much, i've yet to loose to a 05+

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x267/mustangman4900/?action=view&current=CIMG0005.flv

:nice:

Yeah for sure. My buddy is putting a 40 shot on his 05 R1, it'll be fast lol. I'll probably end up with a spray kit this summer...but right now I'm looking for a bare head to have ported, a guy I know just bought a cylinder head porting company so I'm set for cheap ports :D You really can't beat 30-50hp for $300-$400 on a bike, haha :rlaugh:

lol i know 30hp on a bike is like adding 100+ to a car. there is a guy on dragtimes.com and on my kawasaki forum with a 636 with a 38 shot an 6in extension and strapped and he is running a 9.2 at like 147 lol 1/8th mile is a 5.9 at 122 lol. not bad for literally about a 800 dollars worth of work lol

You sound like you have a lot of valid knowledge from your prospective - but from no others. You gave an example of a 04 GT, not even in the same boat. A S-197 and a Mach 1 have bascially the same block, except the Mach1 has 03/04 cobra 4V "tumbler" port style heads while you have a 3V head. I'm sure you know all this, but explain to me please how a car that weighs more, redlines earlier, and has more restrictive heads beats down on a Mach 1.