How to put 10 or10.5 rims on rear of fox

88306stang

Jun 20, 2004
How do you get 10 or 10.5 width rims on the back of a fox body mustang with out them sticking out. If any body has pics of fox body mustangs with this width wheel on the back please post them. Im thinking about trying to figure out how to put them on but im hoping for some ideas. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

88306stang said:
Does any body have any pics of fox mustangs with 10 or10.5 wheels on them?

Id like to see some as well. Seems like a few guys on the corral link got it to work by doing it a few diffrent ways. I Just want to fit a 17X10.5 on the rear w/ out having to worry about rubbing the outer fender (a bit of fender rolling is ok w/ me) or having the inside of the tire/rim rubbing anything under the car like the exhuast or the suspension.

From what I can get out of it and tell me if Im wrong but it should work w/ a 94/95 rear end b/c of the added .75" on both ends and you might have to roll the fenders a bit correct?

I would like to see some pics if anyone has any, I just want to make sure it does not look to funny looking on the fox b/c of the wheels sticking out to much. All the pictures on the corral link were long gone.

91 gt 10,5 on rear..pics

here ya go

Attachments

• Dsc00552.jpg
    Dsc00552.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 142
  • Dsc00553.jpg
    Dsc00553.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 190
wtjames06 said:
mines on a 91 gt...it does have a cobra rear bumper i think...but they work well,i will post pics if anyone wants to see

Nice pics that looks good. So what exactly do you have for a set up to run the 10.5's out back? I have a 93 but I know the 91 and 93 are the same so I just want to know it will work before I go ahead with the project

Redline_RR said:
Are you sure the rims are 10.5's? I can tell but does it have a 5 lug conversion?

yeah there 10.5s on the back..i should have taken a pic from the rear,there wide,and its a 4 lug,i was going to buy chrome,but they are hard to find 10.5 and 4 lug...plenty of 5 lug rs tho in 10.5

wtjames06 said:
yeah there 10.5s on the back..i should have taken a pic from the rear,there wide,and its a 4 lug,i was going to buy chrome,but they are hard to find 10.5 and 4 lug...plenty of 5 lug rs tho in 10.5

How long have you had the car? Anyway you can get in touch w/ the previous owner and ask him how he set it up to run 10.5's on the back?