how to re apply door molding?

robertdeuce

Jul 10, 2011
i just finished putting the parts back on the car so i can spray a couple more coats of paint but i dont know what to use to stick the moldings back on the door. i need somthing that will work instantly. what would you guys use?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

alot of double sided tape works like crap both 3M and other brands, there are some liquid versions that work well. I wish I could find the same stuff that comes on the factory emblems/mouldings that stuff holds like heck vs aftermarket stuff. If you have a high end shop in you area ask them what they use, I had new mouldings for my resto bu tI have used 3m double sided before in teh past but it gave up over time.

I worked for a large 3M tape converter, a good quality automotive body side molding tape will work best. 3M's is referred to as Arcylic Foam Tape...hit your local body supply store.

Make sure you clean and prep well, that is the key to making them stick for ever...along with picking the proper product. Many times you are giving foam tape that is not made to hold the weight of the moldings and the tape has terrible shear properties so they peel and fall off.