How To: sn95 seats (04 cobra) in a fox coupe (MANY pics)

Here's a direct comparison

Driver's seats from My Fox (on Fox tracks) on the left sides and my stock '03 GTs tracks on the power rails on the right side. The power tracks are tilted slightly back, but if i set it level and low....it would not be comfortable to sit.

Attachments

• DSC00037.jpg
    DSC00037.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 512
  • Sponsors (?)

need help guys

Hey I have some Nice Turbo coupe seats. How do I make the brackets to get these in the car does anyone know anyone who has done this? The seats almost look like GT Seats but are leather and 6 way adjustable. I have the wiring out of the T bird, and was told I need to make a bracket to get it to fit. I also have the back seat, and want to install it, but it is to big and needs to be cut down.

Didn't read the whole thread...I did it another way,lol. I just had the stock seats reskinned by a local shop to match the SN rears. No filler material on the sides are needed. Although with those cobras with the suede inserts it would probably be way to expensive going this route.

I also removed the power seat track and used a manual on the drivers seat. The manual track actually sits a tad lower....which these 99+ sit much higher than stock.

3105830356_large.jpg

3105830355_large.jpg

NoSlo those seats look good, that's exactly what Matt (SVT32VDOHC) did with his rear seat back, he just had the stock one recovered i believe... in order for me to have my stock seats recovered to match the grey suede/charcoal Cobra seats would have been INSANELY expensive haha, my method was easy enough and works like a charm :nice:

anyone with questions feel free to drop me a PM

Chris

yeah Matt, actually those impressions on the sides popped out for the most part after some time... i also just scored some brand new '04 cobra headrests on ebay for (relatively) cheap to replace the scuffed and torn original ones :D

i paid more than i would have liked, but considering Ford sells them only as the complete assemblies for $180 EACH plus tax, i think i made out alright on the deal

Chris :nice:

That's good Chris. I'm glad they came out. You can always take a hair dryer to them (stay a decent distance from the seat...do NOT overheat them) and see if they will work out a little more with a little heat and squeazing around the area with your other hand. We get seats where are guys will throw something on them and it will give a deep impression. Hair dryer, or we leave them in the summer sun and they work themselves out.

seat and interior questions

im wandering if anyone has ever put vert sn95 seats in a hatchback,i have a brand new set and i have the fronts installed in my 89 but the backs would need side fillers on top and bottom.i am wanting to use the ones i have seeing how they are free and brand new,but i havent found anyone that has used them yet.maybe someone will chime in on this,im goin to try and put them in in a couple weeks and ill take pics of them and post them so everyone can see.has anyone ever used the door panels of a sn95 on a fox with the fox dash?and one more thing does anyone know if the insulation is glued onto the floor carpet cuz the sn95 i got the setas from has black carpet in good shape but it got wet and the insulation is really wet,my 89 has red carpet.any info on this is good.i have a 95 thats totaled so i have been lookin at stuff to put in my fox out of it.im thinkin about tryin to put the mach 460 speakers by the mirror in my fox.maybe i can get some more ideas of stuff i can do.

No one that I know of has put the vert seats in a hatch car. Most likely to have it look good you would need an upholstry shop to make you two covers for the fold down part of the Fox hatch seats using the vert material plus some new material. Unless you know someone, my guess is that would be $200-300 or so.

SN95 door panels would need quite a bit of modification to work on the Fox doors. Guys have done it, but unless you used the SN95 dash, I don't know how it would look.

As for the carpet, it has some usually glued to the carpet, but I was able to remove it. I got some water in my car years ago (like 92 or 93) from driving in 6-8" deep water. It didn't come into the car from the doors, but must have seeped in through some opening in the bottom. I didn't even know it was wet until it started to smell! I took the carpet to a washateria that had an industrial size washer & dryer and cleaned it up that way. I flushed out the sewer water from the padding with lots of clean water and was able to dry it in the sun and in my home dryer with several fabric softener sheets. I used it for another 12 yrs until I put in the new carpet. You should be able to remove the padding from the wet carpet and wash the carpet and dry it and it should be OK. Maybe even use a self serv car wash to clean the carpet, I know someone that does that to carpets

I have 04 seats in my fox front and rear no fillers beside the seats and no gaps and they fit like factory. I have noticed that most that do this have a gap in the upper rear seats and the lower sticks out to far. Check out mine and I used the 04 seats just a few tricks and about 1 hour of thinking

Ok, I want to do the newer seat upgrade also, but I have notiche that svt302vdohc has a one piece rear and some others have a two piece, whats the differance in the swaps, I personally like the single piece backs. I have a hatch.

His seat is custom. I beleive it was the Sn95 seat bottom and the original 1981 seat back recovered to match the seat bottom.

79-82 is the 1 peices, 1983 and later were all split fold. I could be wrong on the years. Someone will correct me

Also, his car is a coupe, and they all had one piece seat backs. Most every one else has installed them in hatch cars that have the split seats originally. On coupes, the most "factory" looking way is to recover the coupe seat back to match the rest of the seats.