How to tell if the GT has traction control?

• Sponsors (?)

Spazilton said:
Traction Control has been and still is Optional up to the '04 model year. Most likely if you have the ABS module you have traction control. Also look for the switch in the interior.

Actually, not sure that's quite true. To the best of my recollection, my 2002 Deluxe had both abs and t/c standard. Edmunds.com used vehicle appraiser also lists abs and t/c as standard for that year. :shrug:

Spazilton said:
Most likely if you have the ABS module you have traction control. Also look for the switch in the interior.

Sorry, but what does the ABS module look like? Is it something located on the brake calipers? The only toggle switches I have are for the fogs and for the O/D; therefore, I'm assuming that I don't have traction control.

StangIt #1 said:
Sorry, but what does the ABS module look like? Is it something located on the brake calipers? The only toggle switches I have are for the fogs and for the O/D; therefore, I'm assuming that I don't have traction control.

Probably don't have it then if you don't have the kill switch. As for the abs module, if I recall, it's a box-like thing that says "Bosch" on it.

john_324 said:
Actually, not sure that's quite true. To the best of my recollection, my 2002 Deluxe had both abs and t/c standard. Edmunds.com used vehicle appraiser also lists abs and t/c as standard for that year. :shrug:
my 03 GT Deluxe came with it standard too

Spazilton said:
Ok yup I was wrong, It was optional up to the '00 Model Year, In '01 '02 and '03 it was standard on the GT Optional on the V6. However for the 2004 Model Year it was optional on both the Premium and Deluxe GT Coupes and Verts.

Strange...

Anything else that's been "optionalized this year? Is Ford doing what it can to streamline/economize production for the final, lame-duck year?

nope you don't have it, sorry if you were hoping you did. i don't believe it was available on the 98's & also when i saw you car for the first time i don't remember seeing the switch in there. whenever i get my car back from the dealer i'll let you check out mine in better light :D

c2see21 said:
nope you don't have it, sorry if you were hoping you did. i don't believe it was available on the 98's & also when i saw you car for the first time i don't remember seeing the switch in there. whenever i get my car back from the dealer i'll let you check out mine in better light :D

Nope, I actually prefer not having it. :nice: BTW, I knew you couldn't keep that thing stock!! Mmm...longtubes. :banana:

engine block heater?

For the '04 Model year, its not being offered as a Factory Option. I still believe you can get it as a Dealer Option though.

Just out of curiosity what was the Sticker price on a '03 GT..That had TC/ABS Standard.

I have a '04 Deluxe Coupe. The only option I have is ABS/TC and Sticker on mine was $24,600