How to tell throttle body size

• Sponsors (?)

Both my TB and my MAF say the size on them. I have a C&L mass air meter on mine and it says 73 mm on the bottom. The TB says 70 mm on the bottom as well. What all is done to the engine? 75 mm is a very large throttle body for a mild N/A engine.

93VertLX said:
Both my TB and my MAF say the size on them. I have a C&L mass air meter on mine and it says 73 mm on the bottom. The TB says 70 mm on the bottom as well. What all is done to the engine? 75 mm is a very large throttle body for a mild N/A engine.
I bought the car a year ago and haven't touched the engine. The guy said it has been bored out to a 306, had heads rebuilt but I dont know exactly whats in them, underdrive pulleys, E303 cam, equal length shorty headers. All I know is the car runs great and hauls azz. :nice:

You could always get a dial caliper and measure it, if you don't have access to one, they sell on E-bay pretty cheap, and most are both standard and metric. Having one can also come in handy when trying to fabracate brackets and such for the car or even measuring bolts.

I took off my stock TB yesterday and found a 60 stamped into the back of it where it connects to the EGR spacer. S.H.O.P. was also stamped into it too. On another stock TB I have there was 50 stamped into it. Any takers on what that means?

just measure the opening with a tape measure....in millimeters....and id hope he was lying cause 75 is inda bid,,,id behoping for a 70 or 65 is still plenty....

Calypso....the 60 means 60mm (stock) and 50 maybe means 5.0? and not sure what SHOP means.