How To Tell What Year This Computer Harness Is?

May 9, 2011
Ne
i have a mass air computer harness how do i tell if it is a 89 or 91-93?

Attachments

• computer hook up.jpg
    computer hook up.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 77
  • mass air wiring.jpg
    mass air wiring.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 86
  • wiring harness.jpg
    wiring harness.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 82
  • wiring.jpg
    wiring.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Sponsors (?)

From what i understand ( sometimes is'nt much ) The harness is the same. The issue you will have is matching the computer to the o2 harness, The MAF harness is the same on all 87-93, so is the harness for the injectors and what not. The A9P has a different loop wire in the o2 harness than the A9L, The A9P gets its signal ground at the starter solenoid. The A9L gets its ground from the clutch pedel which is also wired thru the NNS. We can get into the nitty gritty later, whats important is you dont put power to a A9L with an Auto O2 harness. The A9P will accept both harnesses with no risk of frying it so you can get it together for testing. You wont fry it unless you put 12v down the signal return ( this usually happens when you jumper the wrong wire to pull codes ).
You can simply repin the O2 harness if you do not have the right one.... I will try to get this info to you if i can find it, I repinned mine for a A9L so maybe once your at that point i can give it a look so you get it right.
Good Luck