How to tow a fox body?

david_spade_joe_dirt_004.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

If you tell me you were wearing an AC/DC t-shirt and were drinking a tall boy while towing it home, you will make my horrible day that much better.

Thanks, and Gig 'em.

No unfortunately while I do like AC/DC I don't own any band t-shirts. Hell I've never been to a concert at all. As far as the tall boy since I was just driving the stang before I did it that would be a no plus at my house I have bud light on tap at all times so if I'm outside having one there may be a plastic cup in my hand and when inside I have a wonderful selection of beer glasses from every restaurant and bar within a 20 mile radius plus a few from out of state. At least every one where I had a way to hide the glass on the way out.

Here's how I hooked a 2000 Mustang & held nicely even took a few yanks as we're towing at about 25mph for about 3 Miles.

Also, clears bumper & doesn't interfere with anything...think it's a support/reinforcement as part of the K-Member on the right front.

Just pass the hook over & under cross support...pull out hook, fold/fit rope into hook, then pull hook onto lip & pull rope so hook holds tightly to lip.

After hooking other end of tow rope to tow vehicle, drive forward & pull rope briskly and make sure hook is now tight on lip.

After tow, you may need to pry and/or strike hook under car to release from lip.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 175