How to unprogram keyless entry remote?

cougar694u

Apr 12, 2004
San Antonio, TX
When I bought my car it only had one remote as one of the original 2 was lost. Well, my only one took a crap, so I used a buddy's to test to make sure it wasn't my car acting up since the battery was good in the remote. Well, that worked fine, so I've been using it until the two I ordered arrived. They came in the other day, so I went to program them, but only one worked. According to literature I read, ford only allows up to 4 remotes. That equates to my original two, my buddy's and the first one I tried of the two I just bought. Is my logic correct, or is the second remote DOA? I took only the two new ones and tried on several occasions to program them both, but only the first one I tried works. If I take all three, only my buddy's and the one new one works, while the second new one doesn't do anything (checked and the battery's good).

So, does anyone know how to remove my buddy's remote so I can program the second one to my car?

**EDIT**
Also wanted to add that it's a 99 and used the 8x key cycle to program the remotes to my car.

• Sponsors (?)