How well do LCAs work?

BlueRuckus

Jun 30, 2005
Miami, FL
After a decent run at the track on radials, I would like to improve my traction without having to get DRs just yet. Does anyone have any before and after testimonials about Lower Control Arms?

I have heard that cheaper LCAs make more noise. Is this true? I was considering the Steeda or Maximun Motorsports ones. My main concern is noise.

I do plan on going DRs and a better rear end, but much later.

Thanks for any advice. :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I did both as well. I have no side to side action anymore. Car feels planted and solid in the rear. I have wheel hop in reverse =P

No squeaking yet with the Steeda Aluminum ones.

Most LCA's will cause noise due to the bushings they are replacing, but in most cases it isn't noticable.

Aftermkt LCA's help reduce wheel hop due to the bushings and design of control arm, locates the axle better. Also to help binding issues due to bushings

ssbauer said:
I have the stock LCAs and they are noisy buggers when it is cold out. It is driving me crazy.

For me at least, the aftermarket ones may be noisy but at least there is no wheel hop...

Mine squeak when it is cold out as well. A good soaking with white lithium grease usually fixes it for a couple of months.

propellerhead said:
Do LCAs prevent or minimize the ass end from kicking out to the left?

Sort of. The TQ is what makes it kick out like that. With the arms in the rear will plant better and be less likely to move around. They also stop almost all of the side to side motion of the axle so the car feels more solid during hard driving.

AdRock said:
Sort of. The TQ is what makes it kick out like that. With the arms in the rear will plant better and be less likely to move around. They also stop almost all of the side to side motion of the axle so the car feels more solid during hard driving.
It's more about the differental.

My first time I went to the track, my 60 ft times were 2.2--2.3...the second time after installing upper and lowers, they were consistently 2.0...I went from 14 flat with no traction and spinning through the first 2.5 gears...to 13.56 and only spinning in first....some of that was just getting practice...but I noticed a big difference...

what he said, Ive noticed after taking mine off(global west) that traction sucks, rear steer is rediculous, and wheel hop is just plain annoying. Sure the ride is nice and quiet now, but hard launches are no longer a piece of cake, and I have to slow down alot for turns i used to take with ease.

LCA are a must period. in drag racing uppers can help as well. uppers are a waste if you like conering as they just produce bind.

I like the MM spherical drag arms. they are dual purpose for me. they locate the rear very well and do not bind. best set of control arms I have ever run on any car period. global west makes a nice arm as well.

many of the cheap drag oriented arms blow in the turns which does not matter to some as they run soft springs and all the bind is not an issue cause the car handles like sh&t anyway. I like to have as much of both as I can so the MM and global west products are great.