how would you build it

rpk

May 18, 2008
Belle River, Ont
I have a 90 4cyl. coupe. It's completely stripped and gutted. What engine would you put in,I have a 351W non roller,a 429 and 460. Punching them out is fine. Looking for 450-500 HP,but streetable,and not tempermental. Also would you do a sleeper car, one color(white silver/gray), bland rims, small cowl. Or
something that stands out,lambo orange or some pearl or candy,chrome rims. This will not be a track car,but I want a street car that can hang with the new mustangs.
90mustangcoupe00000.jpg

90mustangcoupe00003.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

if u want it to run with the new mustangs make it somthing like nothing else out there!! custom color red or orange small cowl rims of ur taste fr 500 or gt4 or 2010 gt 500 rims i think would be sharp street show car... imo.. good luck with ur build!

Id stick with stroking the 351 for streetability and somewhat of a consideration on fuel economy. Im also a fan of two Ford colors: Bright Atlantic Blue and Competition Orange :D

Hence my purchasing decisions of course.

Efi 427 windsor, 11:1 compression, NA, 6speed, white on white, tasteful wheels, nice stance, decent stereo, done

This, but instead I would do a 10:1 408 instead, since he doesn't want it to be "temperamental". A 10:1 408 would still be welllll over 500HP without the issues a longer stroke, higher compression car would have. Hell, go 9:1, and in the future you could always throw some boost at it. A 9:1 408 shouldn't have a problem making 525+ at the crank N/A with the right top end.

Me personally with the notch I would stick to the sleeper look, nothing done to the body except removing that nasty black molding and painting it all one solid color whatever of your choice to match the rest of the car. I also like the ford colors, birgh atlantic blue, or coral reef blue. I would stick with the stroked 351 drivetrain backed by a world class T5 and stock rear with the 5 lug conversion.

humm...no big block fans yet. I forgot to mention I'll keep it carb'd for cost. Also it needs to be emission tested in "hot rod" class. However parameters are up to 10 times larger than normal.
By the way,the Mach 1 rims look pretty good on the hatch.