Howdy from Maine

shaboopy

Aug 10, 2011
Hello My names Matt 19 years old and I just got my first Fox-body and domestic almost 2 months ago. I haven't really posted except for a picture of my notchback I've just done a lot of reading as I've learned the "Noob" post's get annoying haha. Any ways on to my car

It's a 92 notchback lx was originally a 4cyl auto. It now has a rebuilt 85 gt motor that runs very strong the valve seals are just getting weak , And I plan on gt40p heads any ways.

On to the list of goodies.

Un-known grand 4 piece long tube headers (I"m hoping you guys can help me identify them and I can get pictures)

-Ford racing 1.7 roller rockers
-Motorsport High rise intake manifold
-Holley 650 4barrel carb with no choke and mechanical secondaries.
- No a/c
-Spec clutch and pressure plate and some sort of aluminum light weight flywheel, I'd say its a 12-14lbs flywheel
-Msd 6al ignition box
- 8mm high temp plug wires (not much but from what I read helps)
- True dual no cats no h pipe and cherry bombs with dumps right before the rear axles.

Some weight reduction , no spare or jack no front or rear bumper beams and hardware. I'm debating on getting rid of door crash beams. Also all rear sound deadning and no rear seat belts.

I all so still have the 7.5 rear end I think as right now its an open diff. Because of this i have no traction in 1st at all or 2nd. Even rolling on the throttle.

As of right now I can walk a few of my friends cars , tuned srt4 , rb20det swapped Cressida , tuned sr20 s13 running 15psi . I also walked a lt1 Camaro with just a cat back exhaust . After all this I need more power!!!.

I was thinking msd dizzy , 4:10 gears f303 cam and gt40p heads. If my heads don't work with the gt40p heads Ill just go with gt40 heads. Im hoping for 325-350whp and 380-400 torque. Im new to v8's really And after reading I think my quest isn't to far off.

*If your going to tell me to save up and do everything at once don't bother*

I have my plan and any input on what's the best parts vs whats the worst that's fine. Its a budget build but at the same time its not if that makes sense haha. :D

Ok so now for when i got it and the before and after pics.

I got it with euro tails , fuzzy seat covers , harley blanket covering the back seat, a eagles feather tied to the rear view mirror with a leather string, Chrome tips that stuck out a good 2 feet in the back at 45 degree angles, REAL cobra rims 17x9 all pitted and it rode like a monster truck... Let the crying begin....

The day after i drove it home... I forgot to mention the clutch was slipping a bit on the way home.... Come to find out they had it tightend as much as they could ...... Because 2nd grind going in to gear and so does 3rd so they thought the clutch wasn't fully dis-engaging....

ricedmustang1.jpg

ricer2.jpg

ricer3.jpg

uglyengine.jpg

The valve covers are some expensive light weight covers... They dont have baffles so i have some issues with oil getting on the headers and im broke right now so $100 and I'm thinking some nice trick flow valve covers.

I got tired of looking at the car looking like that a few others after taking those pictures and so began my process of de-ricing it.

ricer4.jpg

I had to cut the springs for now but it still rides nice as the struts were brand new after market stuff... And had coil-overs in the back with stock springs with "coil-over springs" that are on the shocks..... I know if you can picture what I'm talking about it's weird but WORKS VERY WELL as the rear suspension is very stiff but rides nice.
ricer8.jpg

The botom of the car had some rust so i cut it out in the rear quarter for now (very small in he bottom) And painted the bottom satin black along with the rims.

And here it is as it sits now but the housings are now painted black. Fyi I plan on getting the fogged 3 pieces when I have more funds and some

stance-1.jpg

(at a car show)

And the plant i got when i had my dakota which i traded for the foxbody.... The truck is a 4 spd auto no 2nd gear so you had to go down hill and hit 45 to get it to go in to 3rd and the frame needed help

ricer-1.jpg

dakota-1.jpg

ricerblackedout.jpg

Attachments

• ricedmustang1.jpg
    ricedmustang1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 72
  • ricer2.jpg
    ricer2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 71
  • ricer3.jpg
    ricer3.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 84
  • uglyengine.jpg
    uglyengine.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 74
  • ricer4.jpg
    ricer4.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 78
  • ricer8.jpg
    ricer8.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 90
  • stance-1.jpg
    stance-1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 81
  • ricer-1.jpg
    ricer-1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 79
  • dakota-1.jpg
    dakota-1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 75
  • ricerblackedout.jpg
    ricerblackedout.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Sponsors (?)

Oh and I can't forget how It had the 225/40/17's on the back and the 255/40/17's on the front and he said on some roads it was all over the place..... I wonder why haha.