How's the Olympia area?

• Sponsors (?)

Uhhhh....a little bit of an adjustment from Rancho, thats for sure! Never spent much time there, just drive through it a lot on the way to places like PIR, or out to the coast. Lots of good twisty country roads, and hairy armpitted granola girls courtesy of Evergreen college. Its not too far up to Tacoma though, which is a step in the right direction for a social life.

oly isint too bad. lacey is a bit better for living imo. where i live at..

dont see any hairy armed mammoths lurking though, unless your looking for them around the evergreen campus :shrug:

Well, it depends on what you like. But if you like having no emissions or safety inspections ("random" roadside or otherwise), you'll be pleased. Nearest racing (drag & road) is Pacific Raceways, about 40 miles north. Most competent hi-po shops are north as well. No local cruise scene whatsoever, sadly. Women tend to be... kinda plump, and people in general are not very fashion conscious. Remember, grunge was born here. Winters are mild, wet, and long. Summers can be beautiful, if/when the sun comes out. Real estate prices have been shooting up, as with most of the rest of the nation. Economy seems okay. No state income tax. Yeah, none. On the other hand, State Patrol is far more strict on speed limits than the CHP and, IMHO, overstaffed.

Did I miss anything? lol It's a long way from SoCal, in more ways than one.

i go up at 4:30 am everyday. not many cops, make it there in about 20 minutes.

coming home at 4-5 pm, you maybe hit 20-30 minutes of traffic around exit 129-125 its usually the worst.

not too bad, most of the time its pretty smooth until you go up north more.