hp add on question

Well I just had my first run at the track with my new mustang, and had it running constant low 15's while the other mustangs were running mid 15's. My first major mod is to get a little bigger wheels and some good rubber because I had no traction at all the whole night. But what are some other small upgrades that would not coast too much just to put my car in the high 14's.

I'm open to all opinions so please feel free to comment

• Sponsors (?)

What is the alititude of the track?

15 seconds sounds slow for a PI mustang. I went 14.1 bone stock but was almost at sea level.

WHat's your entire time slip? Your 60-footer and MPH?

What brand tires do you have? Putting bigger wheels on it may help you hook, but it's added weight and may slow you down as well.

I've been busy lately so sorry about the late post. here are the average times of all the runs I made.

R/T 0.454
60' 2.549
330 6.588
? 9.892
MPH 74.41
1000 12.714
¼ 15.103
MPH 94.24

I live in Tucson Arizona so its a dry heat and the altitude is around 14,000 feet, I believe.

I've been busy lately so sorry about the late post. here are the average times of all the runs I made.

R/T 0.454
60' 2.549
330 6.588
? 9.892
MPH 74.41
1000 12.714
¼ 15.103
MPH 94.24

I live in Tucson Arizona so its a dry heat and the altitude is around 14,000 feet, I believe.

Tucson is at 2600 feet so you are probably right around there, and just remember you have to just keep trying. I still stink at the 1/4 mile and i have raced it many times. :D Its all in the feel. After that, you will be knocking large chunks off of that time. Good luck! Also...a mid pipe, gears and Drag radials would do wonders. :nice:

thanks for correcting me scort i read the wrong part of my google search :D I just talked to the previous owner about what he did to the car already. So to my knowledge there is already a bassani x pipe and underdrive pullies too

A trap speed of 94 is good for mid 14s if you can learn to drive. I've run a whole bunch of 14.4s at 94mph on basic street tires. With some stickier tires, you can probably get a very low 14 without adding any power.

Yeah man so i guess AZ sucks a drag so i feel ya there. I ran a 14.5 at 98 mph will some minor boltons, 3.73, and stock tires. I had no traction at all. so i think tires will help a lot

yea gotta love that florida sea level :) i ran consistant 14.1's and a 13.9 ONCE that day with my stock 99 gt that has a K&N drop in filter and muffler delete. with stock 16" rims and street tires. but key thing is getting that 60ft DOWN!!

You guys suck. Here in Kansas, we are only at 1000ft elevation, but the air is always bad. It's always hot and humid. We occasionally have cool evenings in the spring and fall, but it's often very humid and still a struggle to reach a density elevation of sea level, and when it finally does, it's probably too cold for the tires to grab.
when I ran that 12.97 in the 2.3, it was hot and very humid. There was a C5 vette running 14.0, a GT500 running low-mid 13s and a new roushcharged mustang running slightly slower than that GT500. :nonono:

yea gotta love that florida sea level :) i ran consistant 14.1's and a 13.9 ONCE that day with my stock 99 gt that has a K&N drop in filter and muffler delete. with stock 16" rims and street tires. but key thing is getting that 60ft DOWN!!