HP And TQ Estimates for my new combo?

5LugFoxFanatic

LOVE AND PEACE!
Founding Member
I did a dyno test on my car before I did the majority of the mods and here's what I came up with.

1986 Ford Mustang GT
Flowmaster 3 Chambers
Mass Air Conversion
Off Road H-Pipe
170 HP @ 4200
241 TQ @ 3000

So I added the following.

Thumpers heads
TMOSS lower intake
1/5/8 Shorty Headers
Kirban Adj. Fuel Press. Reg. Turned up to 55
FRPP 65 mm Throttle Body
Upper Intake off of a 93 5.0
New 19 lb injectors
FRPP 9 mm plug wires
MSD Blaster Coil
180 degree T-stat
K&N Cone Filter

I would like to dyno this when spring rolls around. What do you guys think I am putting to the rear wheels in HP and TQ? Also, since my car has the flat top pistons, my compression is higher. Is that correct? I would like to get a good idea what my car is putting out to the wheels before I go and dyno it. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

doesnt 86 come with e6 heads? if so then with thumper ported e7's you'd diffently be making more power than 170hp and 240 tq. i am not good at estimating so i say about 190-210 hp and like 250-265 tq

Yeah, I agree with mike - your fuel pressure is too high and 230-240RWHP and 290+RWTQ is where most have come in on that combo. Pay the extra money to get your A/F ratio worked out at the dyno facility.

Mine is a 5 speed. I think that the 86's came stock with 190hp.

As far as the FP. I had the timing set at 14 degrees, and it pinged like crazy when I got on it. So I backed it down to 12 and set the FP. I think it is at 50-55 with the vacuum off I believe. I forget. What should it be at?

I have messed with the timing so much trying to get it right so it doesn't ping. I use 93 Octane and is still pinged until I jacked the FP up.

Thumper, you are correct. The first dyno was only with the h pipe, flows, and mass air with a k&n air filer. That is where I pulled 170 hp.