HP guesstimate...

cedp83

Aug 28, 2009
Duluth, GA
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site. I'd like to know if somebody can estimate how many horses (crank and rwhp) my car has with the following mods, I know the gears nor the clutch gives me any hp but how about torque?

2003 Mustang GT:
K&N CAI, King Cobra Stage II clutch, Power Programmer III, BBK shorty headers, MAC O/R H pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder 40's catback, 3.73 Ford Racing gears.

Finally, how much more will tune, BBK TB/Plenum, MAF, UDPs, cams, nitrous 100 shot will add?
These are some other mods I have in mind for next year... any advise?...opinions?

Thanks,

Carlos

• Sponsors (?)

I have virtually the same mods you have (K&N CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder 40's, and an SCT tune) and my car put down just shy of 240rwhp/280rwtq through an auto.

Your headers are worthless (maybe 2-3rwhp, if that) and with an O/R H I'd say you're around 245rwhp.

With the addition of a TB/plenum and UD's you should so around 250rwhp. My advice would be to not mess with the MAF. The stock piece is fine for now.

Cams = 280-290rwhp

100-shot of giggle juice = 340-360rwhp/450+rwtq
100-shot w/ cams = 400rwhp/500+rwtq

:shrug:

thanks for your expertise dip****

View attachment 247465

on a more serious note , the hp would hugely depend on how the cams of choice , but i would say mid 240ish without the cams and touch mid 270 with one , 100 shot would put you around in the 360-380 zone depending on the nitrous kit since some kits rate at wheel and some at the crank , torque would be hard to predict but i would say high 400s , hope this helps.

A stock motor with a 100 HP shot will produce torque of over 425 @ 4000 RPM. The lower the RPM you spray at the higher the max torque.

ab-nit10.gif