HP Guesstimates for this combo ... In Spain

Hi there all

This posting isn't because I can't be bothered taking the car to a dyno shop ... I have tried to locate one here in Spain and don't seem to be able to find one, or even find a garage that knows what I mean !!
I would be grateful if any of you could *guesstimate* the HP at the flywheel for the combo I have. Also does it seem a well matched set-up ??
Here goes ... 1965 289 bored 30 over with std. crank and rods. Kieth Black flat top pistons. Performer RPM heads. Weiand stealth intake. Hydraulic Comp cams 280h cam with .512 lift at both 230 duration @ .050 & 110 lobe separation. 1.6 Summit Roller rockers. Speed demon 650 with mech. secondaries. Tri-Y (or similar) headers into a 2 and half exhaust with H-pipe crossover. MSD 6AL with MSD Pro billet distributor. The car is a 4 speed manual with manual steering and no air.
Also, is it advisable to re-torque the heads after a week or so ??
thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi .... thanks for the reply. The head gaskets I used were Felpro 1011-1 ... these were the ones that Summit recommended. I used the original rod bolts on the rebuild ... also the original 7/16 head bolts with trick flow 1/2 inch sleeves. I torqued them all up to 70 Fp. then the top ones to 80 Fp.

D.Hearne said:
You used the ORIGINAL ROD BOLTS? :nono: :nono: In that case I wouldn't spin it past 5000 rpms. You're playing with dynamite there. I would recommend going back and replacing them ASAP.

Oh dear !! I never really thought of replacing them :nonono: . I was originally just rebuilding the engine to the same specs as it already was, but as things progressed I have added more performance items as I have gone along. ... new heads, cam, carb etc. So if you think that is the best idea, I will get a set of bolts. Anything else that may need replacing while I'm at it ?? Main cap bolts etc.
I did replace the flywheel and used new bolts also new clutch cover plate bolts.

The main and head bolts will be fine. The biggest weak-link in a small block Ford is the tiny 5/16 rod bolts. ALWAYS replace them. You can get a set of ARP bolts thru Summit and replace them one at a time without taking the engine apart. It's not rcommended by others to so this, but I did it on an el-cheapo ( no pun intended there,my Spanish brother :D ) $340 roller 5.0 short block that I purchased locally. I ran this motor daily with at least one full-on-throttle freeway on ramp blast and eventually using a set of Canfield heads and even revving it up to 7500 rpms, the stock rods and ARP bolts held up fine. A crack developed in a cylinder wall caused me to remove this motor, not a rod or bolt failure. :nice: