Hp & Lb*ft I Could Expect

Boss 7.0

Active User
Mar 19, 2015
Chickasha, OK
Hi All,

Contemplating some power mods; JLT cai, Accufab 84.5 throttle body, Kooks X-pipe no-cat exhaust with 3" retro muffler, XCT Tuner w/ 91 octane street tune & 93 octane race tune.
What kind of Hp and lb*ft could I reasonably expect?
TIA.

:track:

Boss 7.0

• Sponsors (?)

Throttle Body is an unwarranted mod if you ask me, I don't think there is enough to gain to make the expense worth while. The exhaust and Cai are worth quite a bit of HP, I would suspect that in conjunction with a tune will net you 30 hp. Who will you have tune the car?

Thanks, the money I would save nixing the throttle body can go towards a better shifter, :D.
Considering the power mods that are left, what Hp & lb*ft could I reasonably expect at the crank on the tunes I mentioned in my post above?

:track:

Boss 7.0

I personally don't see the benefit to tuning the car on 91 and 93 octane, you will not see much of an appreciable gain doing this IMHO. If you wanted to use MS100 now that is a different story albeit overkill on a NA car.
Keep in mind that every car is going to make different power numbers on different dynos, everyone wants to see big power numbers but at the end of the day we don't race on the dyno :D.

My car made 372hp/347tq on our in house Dynocom Eddy Current Chassis dyno, it is an automatic for what it's worth.
I would think that the car could reasonably make 400hp/360tq with the above mentioned mods. The most important thing to do is use the same dyno before and after to get a true to life comparison of the upgrades. I've seen dynos read more than 50hp different on the same car/tune up. At the end of the day, it's just a number... The seat of the pants is where it's all at!