HP Performance, good kits?

LaserSVT

Got FB banned again for saying nards
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
HP Performance question with Videos

I had posted earlier about doing a dream build in a year or so and figured 6k for a good intercooled s/c kit. I just found this link and it looks like a killer kit. The stage 2 would cost the same as a intercooled s/c (Novi 2000) and some long tubes. I should be able to get over 700 rwhp with a stroked Teskid Cobra block with forged internals and ported heads on pump gas, no?:shrug:
http://www.turbochargedpower.com/96-04 Mustang.htm

Check out how these things run!
http://videos.streetfire.net/hottestvideos/65/2653AE10-EBB7-4C54-BA63-4C0D94872262.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/hottestvideos/2/f77df436-d0c6-469d-a354-98c30158dbfd.htm
http://www.turbochargedpower.com/Turbo Videos.htm

This guy has 540 rwhp on 11 lbs stage 1 kit and stock engine!
Cobra20Engine20Compartment20JPEG.jpg

Cobraturbo.jpg

Cobraturbo2.jpg

Cobraturbounder.jpg

Cobradyno.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I was still staring at the site and decided I really want to go the turbo route. The 57mm kit should support 1000 hp. Here is a list of the kit (50mm version) and the 57 kit is $6800. Sounded pricey, but when you consider the power ability and the fact I can tune it down for normal usage its pretty good. Also the kit comes with coil overs, tubular K-member and tubular a-arms. I can get the kit without the suspension for $6200, but I think you need the K-member for clearence.

What do you guys think? Anyone running one of these?
2 - 50mm T3/T4 Garrett turbochargers with Jet-Hot® Sterling® ceramic-coated turbine housings.
2 - 38mm Tial wastegates.
1 - Jet-Hot® Sterling® ceramic-coated driver-side header with turbo mounting flange.
1 - Jet-Hot® Sterling® ceramic-coated passenger-side header with turbo mounting flange.
2 - Jet-Hot® Sterling® ceramic-coated downpipes.
2 - Jet-Hot® Sterling® ceramic-coated turbo intake tubes
2 - Jet-Hot® Sterling® ceramic coated turbocharger to intercooler tubes.
1 - Jet-Hot® Sterling® ceramic-coated mass air to intercooler tube.
1 - Jet-Hot® Sterling® ceramic-coated throttle body to mass air meter tube.
1 - Jet-Hot® Sterling® ceramic-coated intermediate pipe with bracket.
1 - Mass air meter calibrated for injectors (size may vary depending on year model).
8 - 42# fuel injectors.
1 - Fuel pump upgrade
96-98 systems - 255 lph in-tank pump
99-04 systems - Focus SVT pump upgrade
03-04 Cobra system - Boosta-pump upgrade optional
1 - Tubular K-member.
1 - Tubular control arms.
1 - Coil-over conversion system.
1 - Set caster/camber plates.
1 - Computer Upgrade Chip.
1 - 25" x 14" x 3½", 3-row Aluminum custom intercooler assembly.
1 - Intercooler bracket.
2 - Billet aluminum turbocharger oil outlet fittings.
2 - Turbocharger oil inlet fittings.
2 - Turbocharger intake air filters and clamps.
2 - Turbocharger oil outlet hoses.
4 - Turbocharger oil outlet hose fittings.
2 - Turbocharger oil inlet hose assemblies.
2 - Turbocharger compressor housing clamps.
2 - Turbocharger oil inlet fittings - turbocharger side.
2 - Pressure port tees.
2 - Oil tee extensions.
2 - Blow off valves.
2 - 1” Blowoff valve hoses.
4 - 1” Blow off valve hose clamps.
1 - Lot 3-ply Silicone Hose Couplings.
1 - Lot Stainless Steel V-Band Clamps
1 - Lot Stainless Steel T-Bolt Clamps
1 - Lot Misc. Nuts, bolts, washers
1 - Lot Exhaust Clamps
1 - Detailed turbocharger system installation manual.

I agree with Scorcher, go with Hellion. HP makes a great product, but has horrible customer service (like it takes a couple months just to get the kit, then once you get it's missing parts or some parts are uncoated or mis-fitting).

I am planning on doing a built motor bumped to 5.0 and forged internals at the same time (thats why I am looking at a year) and mabey a Viper spec t-56. I know i will need larger injectors than the 42's it comes with and I will get larger lines and rails to keep it up to snuff. I am looking at $15000, so I will have to save for a long time. On another note I thought the axle would handle it, I was gonna get a stronger diff cover with supports and weld the axle tubes to the housing, am I missing something?

I am planning on doing a built motor bumped to 5.0 and forged internals at the same time (thats why I am looking at a year) and mabey a Viper spec t-56. I know i will need larger injectors than the 42's it comes with and I will get larger lines and rails to keep it up to snuff. I am looking at $15000, so I will have to save for a long time. On another note I thought the axle would handle it, I was gonna get a stronger diff cover with supports and weld the axle tubes to the housing, am I missing something?

Stock 28 spline axles can fail at near stock powerlevels on a hard launch. If you're not planning on hooking up, a stock rear end is fine lol.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. So I guess I will have to upgrade to 31 with an Auburn or something. I still have a little time to figure it all out LOL. I really like this TT setup better than the single. It seems that a twin will spool faster (smaller turbos) and have the ability for the same or higher HP. The quality looks killer and like I said, I can wait. If it takes a couple months for them to fill the order thats fine. I can pay for that then save up thoes two months to build the engine. I want to keep the aluminimum block, hope I dont have to chang to an iron one.