hp? torque?

• Sponsors (?)

Solid Snake said:
Put it on a dyno. I'd say 110rwhp/160rwtq.....OUCH that hurts just say :eek:
most 94-98`s dyno around 130rwhp and 180ftlbs stock. nothing to write home about but there is still alot of potential there. and i think it`s a good idea to dyno a stock 6 to establish a base line for future mods. i wish i would have done that. i can only assume what my mods added over stock power. right now i`m about 130hp over stock rwhp

They had a dyno at the local speedshop, for a few bucks you could have one pull, so I thought with my stock 98 to see where the starting HP is :nonono: I pulled 116rwhp :nonono: they couldn't get a trq reading for some reason though, we tried about three or four pulls and couldn't get it for some reason, probably best though :rolleyes: It was new guy promoting his dyno, so it was for fun. Needless to say I won't be going near a dyno till I make a few more mods then I have now or buy a cobra.

My wife's 99 V6 5 speed, K&N filter and Mobil 1 synthetic engine oil dynoed 167/196 in 3rd gear. It might have made 169-170/198-200 in 4th, but being the is in the the top of 3rd in the 1/4, that is all that is being developed, so who cares if it makes XX if it never gets there.

Car is with more practice an easy 15.1 car@91, maybe 92 mph. Took out the spare/jack on the runs.