Hpipe or Xpipe?

Anyone have any audio or video of a big block ford idling and/or driving with an Xpipe and then the same thing with an Hpipe?
I want to hear the difference each makes on a big block. I know which small blocks the xpipe gives it a raspier sound and the hpipe is deeper.

• Sponsors (?)

I dont have a sound or vidio (no longer have the car), but i ran both a 3" x and h pips on a 85 thunderbird i had with a 429cj with long tubes and 1 chamber flows out he back. The sounds abount the same as with a small block with both, just both loader and deeper sounding. Me personaly, i liked the h-pipe sound better (scared the hell out of people when i romped on it.

This one is going to be just a matter of personal preference. I had an h-pipe and an x-pipe on my Cobra (with no cats). Hands down, the winner is the h-pipe for me. You are definitely right that x = rasp and h = deep. Don't get me wrong though, an x-pipe still sounds pretty cool!

My combo is going to be an h-pipe hooked up to spintechs.. I can't wait!!!

(I just realized that you werent looking for opinions...only sound clips)

I would say you should go to youtube or streetfire.net and type in "h-pipe" or "x-pipe" and "big block"

I dont have a sound or vidio (no longer have the car), but i ran both a 3" x and h pips on a 85 thunderbird i had with a 429cj with long tubes and 1 chamber flows out he back. The sounds abount the same as with a small block with both, just both loader and deeper sounding. Me personaly, i liked the h-pipe sound better (scared the hell out of people when i romped on it. Steel Pipe

I like the sound of a straight dual exhaust (no cross over).

Whichever crossover you choose, be sure to place it correctly so that you maximize your performance gains. I've read that a misplaced crossover can even hurt performance.

I like the sound of a straight dual exhaust (no cross over).

Whichever crossover you choose, be sure to place it correctly so that you maximize your performance gains. I've read that a misplaced crossover can even hurt performance.

That's what I have. Strait dual. I like the way it sounds now, but I was thinking of going to a H-pipe when I replce my headers in the spring.