HPS Making a new 5.4L 2v intake. You heard it here too

r3dn3ck

Apr 2, 2005
Bob over at HPS called me yesterday to let me know that they are going to make the long awaited and much needed 5.4L specific intake for 2v motors in mustangs. The intake should clear the stock hood and provide a nice performance boost to stock or modified 5.4's. Motors with ported heads and lumpy cams see the most gains. Duh!

The price point should be near to the 4.6 Hardball'r with a similar but improved design.

All of you that have been dreaming of slapping a 5.4 between the rails and not having any hassles, your dreams just came true. Now comes your part, we need to show the market for them so the funding guys keep making with the funding to tool up. All it takes is an email to bob at hiperformancesolutions dot com with a note that you're interested in this thing. No commitment... just say hi and that you are interested.

I have a 5.4 swap sticky over at mustangboards.com in the 4.6 tech section. You can keep up with current events over there.

For you F150 guys, this should be adaptable to your purposes with some minor underhood layout changes. No need to be hindered by the stock truck intakes or mustang manifolds and adapter plates. We've got a whole new one and it should be priced reasonably enough for most anyone to afford.

• Sponsors (?)