hsean's project "resto mod"

well summer came and went and i didn't have the time to work on the car with long hours at work.i then took a month vacation and depleted the funds to work on my car.i am back at normal hours and doing alittle work on the car ,not alot of progress but still progress.
a few pics

this the 96 gt rear end i picked up since i'm going to 5 lug conversion i took off the upper and lower control arms.it was sprayed with rubberized spray for rust protection.i started sanding it down and cleaned it pretty good.
7-9.jpg

here after some sanding
8-10.jpg

i bought some por 15
14-4.jpg

and this is the result i love this stuff self leveling and when i applied it with the brush no brush marks as if i sprayed it on.
21-2.jpg

20-3.jpg

and this gas tank which was practically new barely used i plan on putting in a new sending unit

22-2.jpg

23.jpg

parts that i had sandblasted and i epoxy primered
5-13.jpg

the A -arms as well i need to change the bushings
12-7.jpg

the rear bumper installed but i will have to modify the mustang gt brackets on the bottom since i have an oem cobra bumper and attach the bottom.
11-6.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Looks good! Sometimes I wish I'd had the time/forethought to have done some major painting/coating while I had the car in pieces at different stages. Can't wait to see this thing when it's all done :)

i finished working on my doors earlier this week i filled in the area on the bottom with fiberglass and then a extremely light coat of bondo filler.
2-15.jpg

1-14.jpg

and with paint
3-15.jpg

4-15.jpg

9-10.jpg

10-8.jpg

i finally tonight hung the passenger door and tomorrow hopefully will get to the driverside
18-2.jpg

19-3.jpg

Looks good! Sometimes I wish I'd had the time/forethought to have done some major painting/coating while I had the car in pieces at different stages. Can't wait to see this thing when it's all done :)

thanks oz, i think my wife wants to see this thing done more than me she sick of me spending so much time in the garage and all the clothes i have ruined with paint and primer. the weather here as you know was really nice these past few weeks and that really helped.i have a few more thing to paint in the next few days before the temps really drop.

i had these sandblasted today these spindles are 93 cobra R and been sitting around in the garage and i saw a few rust spots.
i hope to epoxy primer tomorrow
17-4.jpg

here is a pic of the stuff i took to get sandblasted
15-4.jpg

the upper intake after sandblasting
16-4.jpg

thats as far as i've gotten

If you need that powder coated you know where to go ;)

I'm starting to think about all the winter possibilities for myself. I'm going to at least powder coat the lower intake so I don't have to worry about the bare polished aluminum getting worn out, and while I'm "in the cookie jar" I'm going to take pretty much everything untouched and either powder coat or chrome plate it.

If you need that powder coated you know where to go ;)

I'm starting to think about all the winter possibilities for myself. I'm going to at least powder coat the lower intake so I don't have to worry about the bare polished aluminum getting worn out, and while I'm "in the cookie jar" I'm going to take pretty much everything untouched and either powder coat or chrome plate it.

thanks i'm undecided to shoot it with epoxy primer and a nice gloss black paint job or powdercoat it .i still need to get the valve covers off the car and get those done.

Make sure you heat tank or equivalent to the intake, im sure you would NOT want to get glass bead inside your engine
hey guy,
i'm not exactly sure what you mean by heat tank do you mean throw it in the oven.i taped the cobra intake with duct tape but my friend ended up sandblasting it off.:rolleyes:
there is fine sand in there right now i was going to hose it off real good once i got paint on it.

Looking good:nice:! I would say if nothing else take the intake to the car wash and run water thru it. If it is gunky and sticky inside then you will need to hot tank to remove the gunk but it may oxidize the outside depending on the cleaning solution used in the hot tank.

Scott

Looking good:nice:! I would say if nothing else take the intake to the car wash and run water thru it. If it is gunky and sticky inside then you will need to hot tank to remove the gunk but it may oxidize the outside depending on the cleaning solution used in the hot tank.

Scott

I doubt it would oxidize it, i cleaned my intake in my hot tank/parts washer/whatever you feel like calling it

22800b.jpg

i had some rust on the corners that i had to remove and one thing led to another and i went overboard.i didn't like how cheap the doors looked so i put a light coat of fiberglass all the way around .if the doors are slammed there is a chance they could crack like anything else.i know its not like you can see on the bottom of the doors.i also as best i could put por 15 on the inside of the door and along the bottom as well.possibly overkill but here in michigan it could be nice and sunny and not a cloud in the sky and then start to rain.

Lookin good, although I have to ask, how come you smoothed out the door jambs? That filler that covered the hem is likely to crack from the door shutting and flexing.

here is what i am talking about i should have just bought some new doors.i sandblasted them clean and cut out the metal that was bad and rewelded the area.
here is what i started with
IMG00387-20100929-18141.jpg

here is a close up

IMG00388-20100929-18141.jpg

and here after i peeled the skin back ouch!!!!!!!!!!

IMG00389-20100929-18452.jpg

i did these yesterday the front and rear sway bars the front is a ford motorsport which was new and never installed but started to rust a bit on one corner where the paint flaked off. the rear is a steeda which was blue .

sandblasted and had a hard time getting the paint off so i took a DA to them

1-15.jpg

epoxy primered

2-16.jpg

3-16.jpg

and then paint and clear
4-16.jpg

6-13.jpg

5-14.jpg

i don't have any install shots hope to sometime this winter i am still collecting all the parts for my 5 lug conversion.