HYPERTECH vs SUPERCHIPS vs DIABLO SPORT

From what i read all the handhelds including the hypertech can only be used on one vehichle becuase they lock the vin. :shrug: i have the superchips tuner and like it only used it once but it did what i needed it to do. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

03redfiregt said:
From what i read all the handhelds including the hypertech can only be used on one vehichle becuase they lock the vin. :shrug:
You are correct. The Pred. is a good tool if you have the time to play with the settings. IMO I love the fact that I can mess with the fuel and spark tables any time I want. I don't have to send a chip in to get it done. Diablo still has some "bugs" they need to work on, but nothing major. Mine ran a little rich so I just bumped the fuel up a little.....problem solved.

StangLou said:
I have a Diablo Sport chip and love it!!! Noticed decent gains and it really smoothed out the engine it felt like. G/f just did a custom tune on hers with a new diablo sport chip with her gear install. Went from 210hp to 231hp with the tune and a K&N!!! nice jump id say :D

So what exactly does the Diablo do to make these gains? I'm assuming more that just advancing your timming?

Not to get off topic, but which tuners are available for 96-98 mustangs? Most of them that i've seen for sale are for 99+ Also, does having 99+ model heads on the car affect the way the tuner works?

Jake795 said:
Not to get off topic, but which tuners are available for 96-98 mustangs? Most of them that i've seen for sale are for 99+ Also, does having 99+ model heads on the car affect the way the tuner works?

Good question. Not sure what a PI headswap would do to the A/f ratio. Would be nice to know. Don't know if any of the headswappers have a microtuner. Most get a dynotune afterwards.