I am so pissed at Kenne Bell!!!

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
I love their products but their service sucks ass!! I have been waiting for parts to be able to install my blower which has been sitting in my basement since November!!! Becuase I am a PI swapped car there are a few little nuances that are causing issues. I ordered a 96-98 kit with the PI gaskets. They send me the 99-04 kit without an instruction manual for the 96-98. I was told no big deal, they are virtually the same kit. I get a hold of a 96-98 manual and there is a crap load different. You have to change a lot of wiring, you need different fuel regulators, different bracketry, etc. I finally get what i thought was going to finish off the last missing pieces and guess what they send me? 2 crappy little l shaped brackets and a fuel regulator that I already have :mad: !!! I am still missing the alternator mounting brackets, all the bolts for the said brackets and some other stuff. Their service sucks!!!!! I would like the blower on this year please!!! I'm gonna fly down there and kick somebodies ass!

• Sponsors (?)

bakos24 said:
That sucks man, I would be on the phone with them demanding to send you the right parts next day air. From Nov. :nonono: .

You will never get through on the phone. Like Gearbanger said, their service is horrible. I wasn't in such a hurry since I was installing my motor and wanted to get it done first. That's when i started looking at the blower install info and started to get pissed. I bought it through a performance mustang shop and they've been mostly dealing with it for me. I've tried on my own but they don't really give a damn. They listen to the shop a least. I want to put it on this weekend, we'll see what happens.

Thats why i went with the FRPP 2V for PI swapped 96-98's instead of the KB. I just didn't need anymore hassle then i already have with this project. I know the KB has more potential but i can slap on a 75 shot to even that out.

KB is on my list of "Automotive Industry Snobs"

TweekedGT said:
You will never get through on the phone. Like Gearbanger said, their service is horrible. I wasn't in such a hurry since I was installing my motor and wanted to get it done first. That's when i started looking at the blower install info and started to get pissed. I bought it through a performance mustang shop and they've been mostly dealing with it for me. I've tried on my own but they don't really give a damn. They listen to the shop a least. I want to put it on this weekend, we'll see what happens.

I wouldn't do anything with the kit they sent you. Just wait man, wait until they fix their mistakes or else they win and another customer gets screwed. I'd personally be looking into a turbo kit, and let KB know that - they might change their attitude when they feel threatened with the loss of a customer (and like $6000 lol).

stangGT97 said:
I wouldn't do anything with the kit they sent you. Just wait man, wait until they fix their mistakes or else they win and another customer gets screwed. I'd personally be looking into a turbo kit, and let KB know that - they might change their attitude when they feel threatened with the loss of a customer (and like $6000 lol).
The problem is that KB does not make a kit for PI swapped NPI cars...I called @ 2years ago and they told me no and they wouldn't package up a mixed kit either. Tweeked got lucky and caught someone on a good day but now he is going through hell to get the correct parts.....KB has him by the balls because they can just say he ordered the wrong stuff so i doubt they will give him a refund.

DropTopPony said:
The problem is that KB does not make a kit for PI swapped NPI cars...I called @ 2years ago and they told me no and they wouldn't package up a mixed kit either. Tweeked got lucky and caught someone on a good day but now he is going through hell to get the correct parts.....KB has him by the balls because they can just say he ordered the wrong stuff so i doubt they will give him a refund.

ah, you make a good point. Since I am not in the market for a blower, I didn't know that KB doesn't make a kit for PI swapped cars. Looks like he's between a rock and a hard place, which sucks because a lot of money was paid just to end up there. Tweeked, I hope things work out for you! Oh and if I thought your car took off like a bat out of hell before, I can only imagine what it will be like when all is said and done :D wheelie time!!