I am so stupid - fuel line & fuel filter

Macksta

Oct 4, 2004
Ok City
I have purchased a fuel filter and the fuel line removal tool that looks like an X. i have taken off the metal saftey retainers and have unscrewed the metal clamp and pushed them aside which just leaves the fuel filter connected to the lines and the metal racked it sits in...

So i am looking at this X tool and i am looking at my fuel filter and i am thinking to myself... WTF does this tool do... i mean honestly... i have searched forums for pictures and any that i actuly CAN find do not make sence... where the **** do i use this tool.. why dont i just yank the **** ouf of this *** filter and ****** put it on that way what the **** is this ****

please help.... :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Well.. it seems that the FORD ac/ fuel filter removal tool that is metal and looks like an X does not work with the 02 fuel filter. you have to buy the plastic caps and with that it worked well.

thanks for the help

I bought a "Ford A/C removal tool" the other day and it was too big. I had to run to the part store and grab a smaller one. I think it's 5/16".

Anyways, you see the two little weird "bulbs" at each end? You find the right size with your tool and then you push it "into" the bulb. Then, pull the line off the filter.. Mine worked very well, I just did it last week...

Riley

I bought the fuel line disconnect tool (set of 5 sizes of white ring-type clamps) when I first changed my fuel filter, only to learn that you didn't actually need them to replace the fuel filter.

Just comes right off..

I bought the fuel line disconnect tool (set of 5 sizes of white ring-type clamps) when I first changed my fuel filter, only to learn that you didn't actually need them to replace the fuel filter.

Just comes right off..
Um no... You need a spring lock removal tool to release the spring locks. It does not just come right off :rlaugh:

Um no... You need a spring lock removal tool to release the spring locks. It does not just come right off :rlaugh:

It would for Myles, since he has a 97. All his fuel filter has is little plastic U-shaped clips, that you can pop out with a flathead screwdriver. Newer cars have that fitting that requires the special tool like the A/C lines.

to the guy who bought the one that was too big.. thats cause that was for the line that goes to the pass side fuel rail (in the engine bay)

you need the "X" tool or whatever you want to call it. Just slide it in and like kT said, it will release the spring lock thats in there. I dont care who you are, the filter should not come right off..

Actually it does

o+rly__ruserious.JPG

sorry i couldnt resist. :jester: