I blew my motor

myponyrocks

I have more billet on the Stang than most women ha
Apr 18, 2004
DSC00134-1.jpg

Thanks Modular Power House

Prior numbers with full bolt ons were 265/315 (The only run file I had on my PC with the N/A numbers is 262/302 prior to my BBK shorties)

New numbers with the Novi 1200 SL Mongoose kit are 360/360 (avg)

Mods with the blower are BBK Shorties, Accufab 75mm TB and Plenum, Catted ProChamber, SLP Loudmouth 1's, Aluminum DS, FRPP 3:73's, and a SPEC Stg 2 clutch.

Mods I removed for install : Steeda Underdrives, Mach 1 Shaker and CAI, C&L ceramic coated inlet pipe, and my mail order Diablo tune.

Both runs were made at the same dyno temprature varied by by 15 degrees with the blower being dyno'd in the colder air. I think I'm seeing 6-ish lbs of boost up here at altitude. The A/F will flatten out a bit and I should see 8lbs when I get to a lower elevation. All tunes are set for 91 (highest octane we get here in the Rockies at most stations).

She goes to the track in a couple weeks so we'll see what I netted in the 1/4 with the previous best up here being a 14.4 @ 96mph

th_MOV00107.jpg

New hood
DSC00135.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

(yes I have a new chin spoiler waiting to be installed... along with some new wheels)

• Sponsors (?)

How much boost are you pushing? Nice numbers and nice car! Never been a fan of carbon fiber but it looks good on your car

Pretty sure it's an 8# pulley, it may be a 10, but I'm only seeing around 6 here in Colorado. The A/F should even out a bit at sea level and the boost should rise. I'm thinking around 380rwhp.

I'll throw my sea level tune on in a few weeks and re-dyno down in Oklahoma if I can find a shop near my parents' house. Car gets shipped off to England in June so I can play with the motorheads over there.

Tim had to do very little tweaking with the tune, I probly won't even dyno his tweak before I run at the track in about a week. I'll post times up then to compare as well.

BTW unpainted CF does very well on DSG and MG stangs, if I had any other color it would be painted.

CRAP you had me worried when I read the title and seen "thanks MPH"! Then when I opened the thread...I seen it was the good kindof motor blowing :D

CONGRATS MANG! Enjoy the newfound power, and ability to kick some LS1 butt!

nice numbers man!

Get a tire on your car so that blower money doesnt go to dissapointment the first time to the track.

What you don't think I should run at the track with my Blizzaks? :shrug:

I have my 315 Nitto's and my new wheels sitting in the house, I'm just waiting for my 275's to get here this or next week so I can throw the wheels and tires on. For some reason every one was out of 275's :D

CRAP you had me worried when I read the title and seen "thanks MPH"! Then when I opened the thread...I seen it was the good kindof motor blowing :D

CONGRATS MANG! Enjoy the newfound power, and ability to kick some LS1 butt!

hahahahahahahahahahahahah thats exactly what i did. I was like oh crap modular powerhouse blew somebodys motor lol.

nice mods though man enjoy the new power.

so did you take it to them or install yourself? just curious as when I am rebuilding I am going this route or with a KB which I think i have to take it to them. (long drive)

Did you do the install yourself or did you have a shop do it? I am just wondering as I am trying to find a good quality shop in the area (Denver).

Nice car man! Dang altitude....

I had a shop do it, I wanted to do it myself, but I don't have the tools or the space.

For up in Denver I'd call Scott Patten at P&P Performance, I'm sure he'd cut you a good deal, and he's worth the drive. I've had him install a few things for me and the price couldn't be beat even with the 2 hour drive from the Springs.

so did you take it to them or install yourself? just curious as when I am rebuilding I am going this route or with a KB which I think i have to take it to them. (long drive)

About 10 hours with some issues. Some of my aftermarket parts got in the way and they got stumped a few times. Over all a good job, a few things were wrong on the install, but they made it right.

Every where I called qouted between 500 and 900 for the install without an intercooler. I had the shop (Elite in Colo. Springs) fix a few other things as well and it ran me around 1200 by the time all was said and done. Total labor for the install ended up being 800.

*EDIT* For a KB you do have to let Tim install it

Any interest in selling the KC shaker and CF hood? I've always oogled it on your car lol, and I'd be interested in working a deal. My blower is roots style, but it ends up under the intake, so it's more or less like having a FRPP plenum in there only. I think I could still make a shaker work with it if I could get a setup for the right price, and I do want one... Nice new hood BTW, your car is perpetually B-F'in-A looking dude.

The shaker and hood are for sale but I have no way to ship the hood, so unless you have a friend local in Colorado some where that would pick it up for ya...

And I won't sell them separate. I was thinking of letting both go for 400 bucks.