i bought a 99 cobra!

• Sponsors (?)

Jackie Chan said:
i am pretty sure that all of the 99's had the fix already, for quite awhile actually
The bulletin has been out for awhile, but only those who complained of the sub-standard power output got it done. It wasn't a manditory dealer recall and therefor may not have been performed unless a previous owner brought it in. Regardless, it wouldn't hurt him to check it out.

5literstang said:
99 and 01 cobra's had the hood first...so 03 and 04 v6's have cobra hoods

I gotta say, that pissed me off. I went and test drove an 04 Cobra last week :nice: , and I noticed a V6 stang on the lot, with MY hood?! When you produce a *specialty* car, items that set the car off from the rest of the pack, such as, that particular hood, should only be put on that particular car....

SnakeyVert said:
I gotta say, that pissed me off. I went and test drove an 04 Cobra last week :nice: , and I noticed a V6 stang on the lot, with MY hood?! When you produce a *specialty* car, items that set the car off from the rest of the pack, such as, that particular hood, should only be put on that particular car....

Kinda like me spending extra money for a Performance Red 35th Anniversity model where only 3000 were made only to have to come out on the 2000 models.

Avenger said:
Great car man ! :cheers: I think it'll run 13.5. If you take it to the track often, you'll learn to hate that IRS fast :D

Ford only introduced Perf. Red in 2000. If it hasn't been repainted, it's Rio red (E7 or E8 paint code, can't remember :shrug: )

In 1999 Performance Red(ES) was offered only on the "Limited Edition 35th anniversary GT" This was a "Model specific" color not available on any other Mustang in 1999(Cobra or V-6). Only 1555 total were made in both coupe and 'vert. It became a standard color in 2000 on any Mustang and the "R" Cobra.
Your Cobra is Rio Red.
-Jason

Z28 KILR said:
Kinda like me spending extra money for a Performance Red 35th Anniversity model where only 3000 were made only to have to come out on the 2000 models.

Not every thing on the 35th became standard, it is still quite unique today. Especially the interior. BTW, 1555 Perf. Red 1999 GTs were made out of a total of 4628.