I cannot believe what I just did.

I do too. All day I have been thinking that I can't wait to install it, but then it's going to take a lot of nerve to arm the system and go wide open... hahaha.

first time i tried arming my nitrous switch was on an empty road 4 am in the morning and i said my prayers before doing so , pushed the pedal and noticed nothing happened , only to see that i only flipped the cover of the switch and i was sweating :D , next time around i hit it with the nitrous and lets say i ran so many bottles in the next month it was so expensive that i just went with a supercharger :D

• Sponsors (?)

first time i tried arming my nitrous switch was on an empty road 4 am in the morning and i said my prayers before doing so , pushed the pedal and noticed nothing happened , only to see that i only flipped the cover of the switch and i was sweating :D , next time around i hit it with the nitrous and lets say i ran so many bottles in the next month it was so expensive that i just went with a supercharger :D

:lol:

Definitely sounds like something I would do. Sounds like a blast.

Sweet! You will love it and its addicting! I remember the first time I sprayed my old 91 fox body, wow it was addicting!!!!! :nice: When it hits you know it!:D

Hahaha,that's what I've heard. I've only ridden in one car with spray... it was my buddies 99 GT with a 150 shot of NX. It definitely help persuade me to get some for my car... lol.

Yeah man, I can hardly wait until it gets here.

Have you sprayed yours yet, or are you waiting on everything to spray?

I might test mine out without a window switch on a baby shot, but I have a while to decide on that. I need to get plugs, COP's, and a purge kit after the kit gets here.

Hoping that something in January or February I'll have it complete and ready to spray.

No I haven't had a chance to spray yet. When I was installing mine my fuel solenoid was leaking so I took the fittings off and locktited them like I was supposed to do in the first place:rolleyes:. Since then I got too busy with work to really mess with it. Now I can't freaking find my fuel line:fuss: Once I get that I'l order the window switch and probably a bottle warmer and finish it finally.

No I haven't had a chance to spray yet. When I was installing mine my fuel solenoid was leaking so I took the fittings off and locktited them like I was supposed to do in the first place:rolleyes:. Since then I got too busy with work to really mess with it. Now I can't freaking find my fuel line:fuss: Once I get that I'l order the window switch and probably a bottle warmer and finish it finally.

Haha, nice... I hear you about being too busy.

But at least you are close whenever you get the time to finish up and get a fuel line, lol.

Everything is together and working, just waiting to fill the bottle and fiddle with my Diablosport before I spray it.

I just changed the plugs today to Autolite 103's (1 step colder).

Here are some pics... 75 jets are loaded up and ready to go for the first shot.

Bottle mounted so I can reach the knob and see the gauge from the drivers seat. It's angled so the nitrous will feed to the back of the bottle where the pickup tube is.

NewCameraPics030.jpg

Should have mounted the solenoids inside the bracket because of hood clearance, but this will work for now until I hook a purge kit up. In these pictures, the fuel is NOT hooked up. It is now, and was actually stupid easy to do. Hardest part of the install was getting the EGR hooked up since the plate raised the plenum, which is already taller than stock, and tapping into a switched 12v power source... used the convertible top harness, and it works like a charm. I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!! :D

NewCameraPics026.jpg

NewCameraPics025.jpg

Now... my GT has 142,xxx on it. Did a compression test today and all cylinders were 174-181psi. Not too bad, but those results were way different from my last test, which I don't think I did as consistently as this one.

I don't have a purge kit or window switch hooked up... YET. Window switch will be first, and I may not even worry about a purge since I will probably have a lean spike anyway... the purge can only increase that. I want one, it's just not on the top of the cards. And as far as spraying without a window switch, It's only going to be for test runs. It won't see the track without one, and IF by whatever chance I do run it, I will for damn sure be babying the shifts to make sure I miss none.

Looks like a clean install with those new solenoid brackets they offer! Your gonna have a huge smile on your face the first time the nitrous hits!

Btw, I ran my car for a few months without a window switch. At the track too. Definately don't powershift it until you get a switch and bump up your rev limiter a couple hundred rpms for some cushion.

A purge is not only good to have for the initial hit, but also you can relieve the pressure off of your solenoids after each run. Turn the bottle off then purge the remaining nitrous from your line to take all the pressure off the noids. They will live a longer, happier life that way!

Looks like a clean install with those new solenoid brackets they offer! Your gonna have a huge smile on your face the first time the nitrous hits!

Btw, I ran my car for a few months without a window switch. At the track too. Definately don't powershift it until you get a switch and bump up your rev limiter a couple hundred rpms for some cushion.

A purge is not only good to have for the initial hit, but also you can relieve the pressure off of your solenoids after each run. Turn the bottle off then purge the remaining nitrous from your line to take all the pressure off the noids. They will live a longer, happier life that way!

Yeah that bracket is awesome as far as a clean install. I need to flip the 'noids so they sit inside it, but not before I spray it first...:D

The window switch is definitely on the list, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

And I didn't know that about the purge, thanks for that info. I definitely don't need any solenoid failures, haha. I hope I can scrounge up the money to get the window switch and purge together. It's crazy how much pressure the nitrous operates under...:eek:

Did you take the car for a spin today?

Not yet. It was too wet and cold... I MAY get the bottle filled today, and if I have the time may flash it back to the stock tune and give it its first spray on the 75 jets.

I'll take a video of the first shot, of course.

Thanks man... I am looking forward to MW already. Time seems to creep by leading up to it, go figure... haha.

So... I got the bottle filled today, changed the fuel filter... This means tomorrow, I flash the tune back to stock and spray 'er on the baby jets!!!

Found a place that fills for $3/lb... sounds good to me.

Hell yeah! Have fun with it!

$3/lb is a great price! I thought it was cheap around here at $3.25/lb.

Yeah man, I was surprised. One shop wanted $4/lb, and I heard another one charges the same... called this place, which oddly enough is a Toyota/Scion dealership and he said $3/lb. Didn't bother checking anywhere else, I just ran out there and got it filled ASAP before work, lol.

Nice install job, looks clean!

Thanks man. It was a real clean install. I've never done anything like it before and was expecting it to be messier than it was, but those solenoid brackets help a TON! I need to zip tie a few wires together and it will look like it almost belongs there.

So... tonight... I did what any man would do, and checked over everything, fixed one leak at the bottle nut (not sure if that was me or the guys that filled it), checked for leaks at the solenoids with the system pressurized, heated the bottle up, flashed back to the stock tune, and let it rip.

HOOO LEEE CRAP!!! :jaw: :D :D :D :D :banana:

The girly 75 jets felt like I had gotten a kick in the ass from a cannon. It REALLY felt strong compared to just mashing the gas on motor.

I did a 3rd gear pull. 1st would have been a disaster, 2nd spins bad enough on motor. It went by really fast, and I started getting through 4th and let out.

Then I did it all again... two or three times...:rlaugh:

The first hit my bottle PSI was around 925-950... needs to be 1100 or so for the best hit, and after that it fell off in the 6-700 zone. I definitely need a bottle heater.

I can't wait to get it tuned (going to TRY and use the "Factory Performance" tune on the Diablosport and tweak the timing down to the factory timing, which I datalogged and it came between 16-20* WOT). So I think if I can dial it down to 16* WOT on the FP tune, it will be safe to use and I will have my speedo calibrated, whereas on the stock tune it is not. I can also richen up the WOT fuel settings, so I will set them to rich.

All and all, it was awesome. I still have a stupid smile on my face and I still have jets for twice that hit... hahaha. Doubt I'll ever use them, but I really want to get that 100 shot in there...

And Tim, thanks for that tip on the purge solenoid and bleeding pressure from the nitrous solenoid to keep it from wearing faster. I never thought of it that way, and always assumed it was just good for getting air out of the feed line. For now I am just cracking the line open at the solenoid and letting the remaining pressure in the line from the bottle (after it's been closed) bleed off so it isn't putting pressure on the solenoid.

Glad you enjoyed it! Haha, now just wait until you put bigger pills in it! My 125 shot feels way stronger to me than my even my 100 shot.

Something you can try to use to help with maintaining bottle temperature is putting a jacket/blanket over the bottle. I keep a fleece jacket wrapped around mine all the time. It helps it heat up faster and seems to maintain the pressure longer.

As for your ignition timing, I am running 16* timing on my 125 shot with 91 octane gas and a bottle of Lucas octane booster.

Side note: get yourself some et street radials and spray that sucker in 1st! You'll really be smiling then!!!

Glad you enjoyed it! Haha, now just wait until you put bigger pills in it! My 125 shot feels way stronger to me than my even my 100 shot.

Something you can try to use to help with maintaining bottle temperature is putting a jacket/blanket over the bottle. I keep a fleece jacket wrapped around mine all the time. It helps it heat up faster and seems to maintain the pressure longer.

As for your ignition timing, I am running 16* timing on my 125 shot with 91 octane gas and a bottle of Lucas octane booster.

Side note: get yourself some et street radials and spray that sucker in 1st! You'll really be smiling then!!!

I am really itching to get the 100 shot in... I will probably bump to 125 just to see, but that makes me nervous, haha. I want to get it on the dyno to check the A/F ratio before putting the 100 pills in though.

I thought about wrapping it with a towel or blanket or something after I heat the bottle up, but decided not to do it tonight because I was only going to spray it "once"... yeah, right... lol.

16* is actually exactly what I was going to aim for as far as timing. It was bouncing between 16*-20* on the stock tune, and it seemed to center around 18* during a 2nd and 3rd WOT pull (on motor). I run 93 octane at all times, but don't use any type of booster. Maybe I should, just to be safe.

And yeah, spraying in first WITH traction would be insane. I have a set of BFG drag radials mounted on 15" V6 wheels for the track... might need to mount them, get them nice and hot and let it eat, haha. I definitely want to get a window switch before I do any first gear runs. It goes by too quick on motor as it is.

A bottle heater is going to be a must-have.

I don't have the money to pay for a traditional one (that would be my window switch fund), so I think I have found the cheap way out. Buy a $20 power inverter from Walmart, buy a $15 heating pad from Walmart. Whalah, bottle warmer whenever I need it. No wiring, no mounting switches...

A bottle heater is going to be a must-have.

I don't have the money to pay for a traditional one (that would be my window switch fund), so I think I have found the cheap way out. Buy a $20 power inverter from Walmart, buy a $15 heating pad from Walmart. Whalah, bottle warmer whenever I need it. No wiring, no mounting switches...

i prefer a small propane or map gas torch. gets the same result much fatser

i prefer a small propane or map gas torch. gets the same result much fatser

I know that's the method a lot of people use, but I'd rather steer clear of that for a few reasons.

1: Got to buy another cylinder when it runs out.

2: Although it probably won't do **** as long as it's not held on one spot too long, the idea of torching a nitrous bottle freaks me out...:rlaugh:

3: I can leave a heating pad wrapped around the bottle, leave it plugged in to the inverter, and just plug in inverter in when I need to switch it on. I can do that going down the road, whereas a torch I can't.