I checked out the new Camaro and Mustang tonight....

BADDAZBLUE

Am I really SKIP?
Founding Member
Aug 10, 2001
California
Went to the L.A Auto Show.

I must say the Mustang left me uninspired, again I've never been huge on the S-197, but the mismatched carry-over roof with the sharper lines now under it just looked too weird to me. I'll have to see some on the road I think to make a final verdict. Interior was a nice improvement over the past generations.

Camaro looked awesome for it's intent IMO (fun pony car), I think this is the first time I've liked a generation of a Camaro over a Mustang (again I'll have to see them on the road to make a final verdict I think). The interior looked tacky and cheap, and the front end/grille looked tonka-truck cheap, but besides that I think I might side with it over the Mustang overall. The power speaks for itself as well, although apparently Ford is offering S/C'ed versions which could give them the edge.

I've never liked Camaro's, but they finally went with the only nice generation (1st Gen) to gain stylistic inspiration from, and the best part is they DIDN'T blatantly rip off the past versions, it reminded me more of how the 94-04 Mustangs drew nice inspirational cues from the 60's Stangs, but put them on a modern/original car.

My .02

• Sponsors (?)