D

Deleted member 38176

....that makes every idiot on the road want to destroy it

2nd time in 3 years :nonono:

2mwim8w.jpg

1y00bc.jpg

18hppy.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Ouch! Don't let your adjuster screw you, that's easily bumper, good and fender looks like. Basically the whole front of your car will need to be painted again looks like.. Take the emblems off the fenders now though!

Ouch! Don't let your adjuster screw you, that's easily bumper, good and fender looks like. Basically the whole front of your car will need to be painted again looks like.. Take the emblems off the fenders now though!

This may another blessing in disguise. Other driver was 100% at fault and I've got a GREAT personal injury attorney.

I see visions of a KB :D

Nightfire, I got my 03 in 11/2005...my first accident was around 9/2006 and then I got into another one less than a year later. Both were not my fault. And about 3 weeks ago some dude in an SUV decided he wanted to invade my lane and run me off the road. Thank god I reacted fast and braked fast enough to avoid being pushed off the road and into a tree. It sucks. It seems like Mustangs ALWAYS attract negative attention...either from the cops, idiots who wanna street race, and idiots who wanna kill us...good thing you're ok tho.

So I had an preliminary estimate done by a local dealership. Without getting into the car, they came back with $3500 worth of damage. They also informed me that they were at 64% total vehicle worth of damage. For those that don't know, insurance companies will total the car after 70% total worth so I am pretty damn close.....and this was just a visual inspection. I'm still waiting for the adjuster to come take a look and give his assessment. Now I'm really worried :(

That is one reason why sometimes I'm afraid to take my mustang out to drive it and leave it parked somewhere cause of some assholes like that sorry about your car I know it's frustrating and makes you mad to no end

So I had an preliminary estimate done by a local dealership. Without getting into the car, they came back with $3500 worth of damage. They also informed me that they were at 64% total vehicle worth of damage. For those that don't know, insurance companies will total the car after 70% total worth so I am pretty damn close.....and this was just a visual inspection. I'm still waiting for the adjuster to come take a look and give his assessment. Now I'm really worried :(
Make sure the frame, K-member, or any of the steering components are not bent. Take a good look at the car and look at the estimate sheet BEFORE you agree to have the work done. There are scammers out there dude. See, a shop wants the work because they want the money. If the car is totaled out then they get no work and no money. So some shops will under quote the damage just to get the work. So if the insurance company will total the car at 70% damage, then the shop will try to get as close to that amount (without looking suspicious) as they can. Meanwhile they'll leave small things hidden or they won't include them so the cost doesn't go over, or suspiciously close to, the 70%.

If you choose to have the work done then make sure everything works when you get it back. And make sure it is all to factory specs. Make sure your horn, the cruise control, the ac, the heat...everything...brakes, suspension, steering, make sure everything works exactly as it did (or better than it did) before the crash. And make sure your hood lines aren't misaligned as well as the wheels in the wheel well. Make sure they are spaced equally and also that the rims aren't bent. Go over it with a fine toothed comb. Trust me bro, you have to be a prick about it because down the road it will end up costing you to fix everything that should've been taken care of...I would know (unfortunately from experience).

Make sure the frame, K-member, or any of the steering components are not bent. Take a good look at the car and look at the estimate sheet BEFORE you agree to have the work done. There are scammers out there dude. See, a shop wants the work because they want the money. If the car is totaled out then they get no work and no money. So some shops will under quote the damage just to get the work. So if the insurance company will total the car at 70% damage, then the shop will try to get as close to that amount (without looking suspicious) as they can. Meanwhile they'll leave small things hidden or they won't include them so the cost doesn't go over, or suspiciously close to, the 70%.

If you choose to have the work done then make sure everything works when you get it back. And make sure it is all to factory specs. Make sure your horn, the cruise control, the ac, the heat...everything...brakes, suspension, steering, make sure everything works exactly as it did (or better than it did) before the crash. And make sure your hood lines aren't misaligned as well as the wheels in the wheel well. Make sure they are spaced equally and also that the rims aren't bent. Go over it with a fine toothed comb. Trust me bro, you have to be a prick about it because down the road it will end up costing you to fix everything that should've been taken care of...I would know (unfortunately from experience).

Thanks for looking out bud! I am well aware of all of this so there is no pulling a fast one on me. Also, the body shop is a high-end Mercedes/Lexus dealership with a very professional and reputable collision center. Third, the body shop service manager is a close family friend. I'm pretty confident that everything will sail smoothly in that department :nice: