I don't like the V6 Mustang

Z28x

Sep 19, 2003
Albany NY
Does anyone else think the V6 Stang is kind of boring and ugly? I think it is a big step backwards from the last gen V6, it doesn't even look sporty. I hate those rims, whats with the spinner?
must0085.jpg

more pics : http://www.darksummer.com/40th.htm

I don't know how they pull off making it look so bad. Maybe it is to force people into buying a GT
1.jpg

This Silver GT with the stripes is gorgeous :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Those wheels are the ultimate retro touch. This isn't supposed to look like an ultra-modern supercar, but reflect the original cars with modern touches.

To me, the car just look really long (especially with that stripe), and still has that truck-like stance. I think in stock form, the Mustang leaves little to be desired. But, the aftermarket will bring its beauty to life. Think street version of the GT-R.

Could slap some, 22 inch spinners on there and an F40 wing or an aluminum wing. Hang some fuzzy balls all around the headliner put some custom candy paint all over it with a murale of a naked woman on the hood it would be off the hook ,especially if you stick some fart cans out back, hehe.

Actally slap on a set of Bullits, a Procharger, and Chin Spoiler, no one would ever suspect 300hp easily out of the v6.

Could slap some, 22 inch spinners on there and an F40 wing or an aluminum wing. Hang some fuzzy balls all around the headliner put some custom candy paint all over it with a murale of a naked woman on the hood it would be off the hook ,especially if you stick some fart cans out back, hehe.

Actally slap on a set of Bullits, a Procharger, and Chin Spoiler, no one would ever suspect 300hp easily out of the v6.

I'm all for making the V6 and GT look different, but the V6 needs to look a lot sportier/agressive. It is going to be competing with the SRT-4, Eclipes, Cobalt SS, and RSX for the sporty $20K sales.

Maybe it is just the rims and paint combo. I hate that nasty baby sh|t green color (but not as much as gold). And ford needs to ditch those 65 series tires. The Mustang is not a light truck.

Also the back looks naked on the new Stang with out a spoiler. Maybe a small deck lid '03 cobra style spoiler would work.

Well the V-6 is definitely not as sharp as the GT but one thing that has to go for sure is that disgusting legend lime color! Anywho I agree with whoever said something about it doesn't matter cause it's the cash-cow.....alot of people just go out and by the cheapest stang they can get just so they own one. These people don't care whats under the hood, or really how plain it looks they just go out and get whatever. The silver gt with the stripes is awesome but we don't even know for sure if you are going to be able to purchase the gt with the stripes for sure, and the only one I've seen at least with the stripes is this silver one. I'd like to see the yellow one with some mean black stripes on it or even the sonic blue with some black stripes. But really then we are just talking what...paint and rims.....spinners may be "in" and ford is trying to stay "in" perhaps.....anywho in my opinion what makes the base ugly IS THE V-6.......the body and everything else i can deal with but 6 cylinders....cmon :bang: :)

Call me crazy but I think when comparing these two pics the V6 looks better than the GT (its cleaner). I personally am not fond of either of the rims but IMHO the v6 looks alot cleaner than that specific GT IMO the pin stripes kill it and the yellow letters on the tires kick my A$$ as well! BTW (in this comparison of pictures) to me personally there isnt any difference between the V6 and the GT other than sideskirts,wheels and no foglights...

I think the V6 looks like the son of the mid-sixties 'Stangs, especially the picture posted at the beginning of this thread. I grew up thinking these cars were the coolest on the road. The V6 reminds me of the Hertz Shelbys with the glass in place of the rear pillar vents. If a V8 could be built in V6 trim, I'd go for it. I'd prefer the non-driving light look over the GT look for the front end, hands down!

i prefer the V6 look to the GT.if i got a GT,it would HAVE to have a spoiler delete.i hate spoilers.i'm glad ford is finally making the base mustang look like a car with some substance again.the '94 to '98 V6 looked dirt cheap with its tiny wheels and tires and the obvious hole where the foglights would go,the '99 to '04 was alittle better,you could finally get some nice '16 wheels around '00,but the damn foglight hole was still there.cheap.cheap.hell,even a 4-banger LX looked like a 5.0L LX.now,the V6 looks like it costs something.eclipse GT,base RSX,stratus coupe,4-banger accord will NOT be able to compete with this V6 mustang for the power,price,styling,you name it.thank god american cars have such nice rebates,once the newness wears off,i'd be glad to pick a new '05 6-banger for 15K!

guys the silver titanium won't be offered and the spoiler will be an option. I don't think stripes will make it but it will be a nice touch for a specialty model or something you can spend your money on at the local parts dept.

It's alright... I just don't like those wheels though. I'm all for the retro styling, but those wheels just look bad IMO. That's something I would replace if I bought a V6... maybe with the 17" Mach 1 wheels, or Mille Miglia M11-2's, something that completes the package and makes it all look good.

I hope titanium silver is eventualy offered. I'm sick of all these cheap paints that look the same across all cars, year after year. I'd love to see some unique, break-through chrome or dull-chrome finish that actually looks like metal.

As for not liking the V6, I think it's mostly about camera angles, lighting conditions, lime paint, and wheels; because it's virtually the same car as the GT. I also think the GT is screaming for a new front bumper cover. That simple change will dramatically change the appearance; just look at the GTR or concept.

351CJ said:
No, you're the only one.

Most the people I have show it to say it is ugly. (unlike the silver GT)

The more I look are it I think it is just the rims that turn me off. They are one of the worst designs I have ever seen, the only way they could be worse is if they were 3 spoke. 65-series tires do not belong on a sports coupe. They look like they came off one of those old AMC 4x4 cars.

It needs a spoiler too, the final version just can't pull off the no spoiler look like the Concept did.

ford_mustang_2005_7.jpg

vs.
must0055.jpg