I don't think it is possible to make wheels that look better then these

• Sponsors (?)

I still believe you can't beat combining old school looks (halibrand type and Vintage Trans Am) with today's technololgy (big fat wheels and tall diameters).

They stand the test of time. In twenty years nobody will remember today's chrome bling bling rims. It'll be off to another style or fad.

But that's okay too... it keeps things fresh. And change can be good.

Although... I'd really like to see the classic Cragar die off..... geez that thing is fugly. It should have died back in the late 70's. YUCK!!

Just my opinion... don't get your undies in a bundy!! :)

CornerCarvin67 said:
Although... I'd really like to see the classic Cragar die off..... geez that thing is fugly. It should have died back in the late 70's. YUCK!!

Just my opinion... don't get your undies in a bundy!! :)
I like the classic Cragars. They are very similar to the bullits and torque thrusts.

I do think that painted and magnesium-look wheels go better on a classic car, though.

DarkoStoj said:
anybody know what the backspacing is on the 17x8" 409's? I can't find that anywhere
I have 17X8 TT II's with a 4.75 backspacing. I did a lot of research on that and there used to be a good post on here about it which was lost due to the crash. However if you would like to see pictures of the clearance I'll be glad to take a picture of it. The clearance is like an 1/8-1/4". But hey, clearing is clearing! It doesn't matter if you clear by a foot or by an 1/8 of an inch. The closest point to hitting is the upper A arm, I think 18's would almost fit better but I guess you do have to make room for the tires! :rlaugh:
Check'em out
mattsride2qb.jpg

XXBULLETSXX said:
I have 17X8 TT II's with a 4.75 backspacing.

Awesome, now I know they make it that way. Makes sense, since the backspace for their 7" rims are 3.75". What tire sizes are you using?

Now I can't wait to get the 5.0 back from the shop, sell it, and get some nicer wheels for the fastback.

ron67fb said:
What tire sizes are you using?
I'm running 225-45-17's but I found out only hours after I bought mine that you can run a 235-45-17. I've also hear that it's possible to run a 245-40-17 but I don't know that to be true. :shrug:
I know there is a member that has a wheel and tire database or something. Maybe you or I should ask him to post it again. It could prove to be very helpful for you.