I DONT WANT A BOYFRIEND NAMED BUBBA

ChrisYellowV6

Dec 25, 2003
Pensacola, FL
I was pulled over and arrested for what the officer said was 115 in a 40, however I wasn't going but 80 in a 65. Found guilty in court, and was told to pay a fine of $500 and take an advanced driving course by april 23rd. My mom just got a letter in the mail saying they are going to arrest me for failure to do so. What should I do????? She just found out, it's 5:30 and they all closed at 5 so I can't get in touch with them until tomorrow.????????

• Sponsors (?)

splatteredguts said:
... otherwise start welding those butt cheeks shut.:D

:lol: :rlaugh: Whew...that's funny stuff right there.

But, in all seriousness, like everyone else said, make sure you have all documentation that you did everything you were ordered to and from there, just make sure to take the necessary anal precautions. :)

Heh, in Pennsylvania you get your license taken away for going +25 over the limit and you end up having points on your license for years that make it even easier for it to happen to you again. I hate Pennsylvania state driving laws. :bang:

did you take the case to court or just pay the fine and the rest of the court costs? You're innocent until proven guilty in any case. You can be arrested, true, but you also can appear in court to contest the case, did you do that?

Save your receipts, contact the DMV/Courthouse, get public records request for calibration times on the radar and accuracy checks, and officer's radar certification.

That's only "IF" you haven't waited too late. The whole thing in the constitution about the right to a speedy trial also applies to you........don't sit on your butt

98StangRidah said:
BTW, did you ever think of getting a radar dectector. They can be expensive, but they also can save your ass.

First off, I gotta say this is the funniest thread name I've ever seen. :rlaugh: Anyway, 98Stang is right about the detector. I have a Cobra unit and I remember thinking when I bought it that it was alot of money. With the money I've saved from not getting tickets b/c of it, I could have bought about 12 of them. :D

only problem is alot of cops are starting to use lasers now, which means detectors are pretty much worthless. out here they don't use radar at all anymore, so all you can really do is keep an eye out and be quick on the brakes.

splatteredguts said:
only problem is alot of cops are starting to use lasers now, which means detectors are pretty much worthless. out here they don't use radar at all anymore, so all you can really do is keep an eye out and be quick on the brakes.
For every action there is a reaction. Some detectors will pick that up too.

98StangRidah said:
For every action there is a reaction. Some detectors will pick that up too.

well yeah, most detectors detect lasers too, but its pointless because it needs a direct hit to sense anything... meaning by the time your detectors going off, the cops already pulling out his ticket book.

lol...no radar/laser was used. he followed me. i was upset so i didnt even look in my rear view to see a car following me...god knows if i was just driving for fun I would keep my eye closely on the rear. I do have a radar...but also laser is only usable if the cops car is at a 100% standstill. I have a cobra detector...it's saved my ass so many times its not funny. but yeah i got thrown in overnight, and i'm now going to sue them for 1 night of unlawful imprisionment (because I did everything and they just didnt document it correctly), which will get me $100, then i'm going to sue them for the 2 classes I failed since exams were today, ($1000 for each class). That's a standard florida payoff. Gotta love it :D

splatteredguts said:

Just get a laser blocker. It's true that radar blockers are illegal but laser blockers are still nice and legal here in t he good ole USA :flag:

But anyways did you take the papers proving you took the class to the courts? I know here in cali you have to take them to the courts.