I drive like CRAP

jballa

May 17, 2007
When my car was a mostly stock 302 coupe I's running a 9.4 1/8 and 14.4 1/4.

Now, years later with a built 331 w/ 350 RWTQ and 300 RWHP I'm slightly slower with about a 8 mph faster trap speed! i did have 1 decent run at 13.5 @ 105.

Did I lose my touch? BTW, all done on street tires.

• Sponsors (?)

the info you posted means nothing to us, you left out a bunch of important info and we dont know how you drive

what were your 60's and trap speeds with the stock setup?

what are your current mods and 60' times?

dont run on street tires at the track. if your going to take the time to race it, get some decent tires that will actually hook. and the times will get better.

Wow... my best was a 13.4 on street tires, 2.02 60' , 104.xx mph. That was on a stock 302 bottom end with the TFS package, itty bitty 24lb injectors, stock MAF, and a bad clutch.

Sounds like you got some work ahead of you to get where you need to be. Good luck though! :nice:

With my stock heads, stock cam, valves, rockers, intake and exhaust I went 12.9 @ 107 on street tires... oh yeah itty bitty 19lbers.

:D

Don't worry about it. With it being the first time back you have to expect slow times. They will come down. It should be a 12 second car with some hook.

105 should be an easy 12 sec pass

:stupid: put it on a real tire and go see some 12s. Really not trying to sound like a jackass but 2.4-2.7 60fts are abysmal. Are you just dumping the clutch and spinning through 1st and 2nd? Its really ALL in the launch and shifts. Even on street tires you should see 2.0 - 2.1 60fts. Learn to modulate the clutch on the launch. Ride it out if you have to, and preload at the starting line to make it easier to baby the car outa the hole. ( for those who dont know preloading is when you get off the clutch and hold it RIGHT before it starts to grab). but really get some et streets and let the tranny grenading launches begin:nice:

Yeah 25th thats definetly some respectable times. I'd like to know what suspension setup you had cause that'd definetly amazing. It was my second time going and my suspension is all stock. So, I would think even with the new mods that 13.4 is decent especially with a clutch that just doesn't grab. I can literally slip it in 5th gear!!!! :bs:

Bone stock suspension, minus front sway bar... The car doesnt hook, but spins just enough to keep it where it wants to be.

105 mph is good for 12s, but as the car hooks better and you figure things out, the mph is going to come up. get the clutch figured out and some seat time and Im willing to bet 110 mph and mid 12s wouldnt be out of the question with some hook.

There are more factors in good timeslips than the average person can even imagine. A motor is one large air pump... get the air in and out as fast and efficient as possible, and even a 6000 lb diesel pickup can run 11s or better.