I F-ing Hate Talking To People Who Dont Know About Cars!

DFG 5OH

Aug 28, 2004
Louisville, KY
I was walking out of school about 5-10 min. ago, and a kid with a 97 Eclipse sees a 2006 Eclipse in the parking lot and was like:

Kid: "Man matt check out that 2006 Eclipse, i want one soo bad!:
Me: "Yea man, they're pretty nice, especially with 265hp stock, they're also very fast."
Kid: "THATS ALL?"
Me: "Uh...265hp from a V6 is a whole lot, a LOT faster than your rice rocket"
Kid: "Well what does it register at?"
Me: "Register?"
Kid: "Yea, mine will go 140, it registers 160...but i dont ahve the balls to get it up to those speeds."
Me: "There are a lot more important things that determine a cars performance than what the speedometer says..."
Kid: "well see ya man!"

I was like WTF is happening to the kids these days...they thing that because they're cars have a 160mph speedo that they're a supercar...and that 265hp from a V6 is ****ty!?!?!? WTF!?!?!?

Yea, my car will go 150...but i dont say that when i'm bragging about how fast it is...i might spit some dyno numbers, an ET, or a car that i've raced and beat...

• Sponsors (?)

I've been being nuisanced by a guy in my neighborhood lately that won't stop coming into my parking lot when I'm cleaning my car....he pulls right up and starts tearing his car apart next to mine...thing is a POS! He tried to tell me his 89 Z28 has 270 horses with Dome pistons....

when i had my 02 passat 1.8t, the speedo said 160, but i'll tell ya what, down hill with a tail wind the thing would have only done 120 maybe(im not sure if it was limited).

i know what you mean though, guy probably had less then 200hp, and thought he had a super car.

it was hilarious when my sons friend took his civic that he put a "vtec" in himself, to the track and only ran a 15.7 . but he always brags hes got 170hp.

People are pretty damn stupid. Mostly I get people that think my car is the fastest thing on four wheels because it's a 5.0. "Awww, damn, that's the 5.0!"
These are the same people who then go on to tell me that the 4.6 motor is a pile... Idiots.

There are some guys that are a few years younger than me that got rediculous cars when they turned 16. One got a 2000 Lightning, the other a 1999 Saleen S281. Anyways, I was chatting with them about who's was faster (because they told me that they had raced) and the guy with the Lightning said "Well duh, we both have the same engine with a supercharger and his car weighs about half as much, of course his is faster!" To this day he doesn't believe his has a 5.4 and the other is a 4.6, he says "Well they look almost identical, they must be the same." :nonono: That same day another kid asked to see my engine, so I popped the hood and he said "Damn, that supercharger is unreal!" I guess he was referring to my intake? :shrug:
Anyways... Matt, I feel your pain. :cheers:

This kid at my work is the WORST!!
He had a 99ish camaro SS auto, he told me:
-It was stock
-it'll run low 12s
-it had z06 internals (WTF)
-It had a z06 tranny (remember, his is an auto)
-It had a turbo 350 tranny....ummmm
-He said he was gonna turbo it, but he obviously never did

Earlier this week he bought a ~78 trans am (why the hell??)
He said its a TON faster than his camaro, and that he thinks it can pull the wheels.
He thinks now that he has some crappy 455he is god! he was kinda poking fun at my "302" which i told him it was a 281 and he was confused.

Kids a moron

Oh ya, he said his "friend" was gonna have twin turbo's put on his 5.0 and he'd have over 1000rwhp.

Another kid:
-thinks the cam has something to do with stroke
-thinks the new cobra is better than the new z06

I'll think of more later, but DAMN these kids are f-cking morons

94gts said:
i have people TELL me that my car has a 4.6 and not a 5.0

I had a guy come into my old job and ask me about the stang.

Dude: Whatcha got in it?
Me: Just a 5.0
Dude: No it's a 4.6
Me: No it's a 5.0 (smile)
Dude: No, somebody lied to you, it's a 4.6
Me: Dumbass, it's a 5.0, you want me to pop the damn hood?
Dude: ........................ I got a heavy duty sway bar underneath mine. But it didn't do me any good on the highway when my computer froze up on me and the stang shut off and the steering locked.

I KID YOU NOT THAT IS WHAT THE FUDGEPACKER WAS SAYING!!!!! Morons don't drive just rice. :nonono:

CManT1914 said:
I had a guy come into my old job and ask me about the stang.

Dude: Whatcha got in it?
Me: Just a 5.0
Dude: No it's a 4.6
Me: No it's a 5.0 (smile)
Dude: No, somebody lied to you, it's a 4.6
Me: Dumbass, it's a 5.0, you want me to pop the damn hood?
Dude: ........................ I got a heavy duty sway bar underneath mine. But it didn't do me any good on the highway when my computer froze up on me and the stang shut off and the steering locked.

I KID YOU NOT THAT IS WHAT THE FUDGEPACKER WAS SAYING!!!!! Morons don't drive just rice. :nonono:

Lol, yup. Unfortunately that is not all that uncommon. These people conveniently forget the 94-95 cars. It can't be a 5.0 unless it says 5.0 on the side of the damn car! :rolleyes:

Damn, around here I tell people I have a 95 and they are "oh the last year of the 5.0" I can say I only remember 1 person said They though i had a 4.6 but they believed me once I said it was a 5.0 and the tail lights were different on the 94-95 compared to the 96-98.