I finally decided which way to go with the Stang

• Sponsors (?)

Are you 'tarded or something?

Tell ya what...we'll both start with $2k to buy bolt ons for a stock short block. Rules are we can only buy brand new parts at Summit prices, no discounts allowed. You have to start your build with an H/C/I upgrade, and no power adders allowed...we're going all motor.

I bet you anything in the universe i'll make more power spending the same amount of money if you build yours with EFI. Once you buy a decent set of heads you won't be able to afford much else, while i'll get a carb/intake/heads and a cam and still have change left over.

:Word::SNSign:

Yeah you know it's not like i'm saying EFI is inferior....it's definitely better than carbs, but carbs definitely have their place in racing and they hold their own just fine against EFI. Not to mention they're way cheaper and easier to work on, and cleaner under the hood.

Yeah you know it's not like i'm saying EFI is inferior....it's definitely better than carbs, but carbs definitely have their place in racing and they hold their own just fine against EFI. Not to mention they're way cheaper and easier to work on, and cleaner under the hood.

yeah...and less wiring under the hood for a cleaner look.

j/k....so how much the stroker set you back? when you getting it painted?

I ordered the build Friday night!! I am so freakin' excited!!

It is a 347 Stoker that is complete with everything installed, as in alt., power steering, water pump, etc. (turn key) $ 5800 :D I plan on having the body work done now, while the engine is being built :D I pulled out the stock engine this weekend and had the engine bay sand blasted :D :D :D :D

Are you 'tarded or something?

Tell ya what...we'll both start with $2k to buy bolt ons for a stock short block. Rules are we can only buy brand new parts at Summit prices, no discounts allowed. You have to start your build with an H/C/I upgrade, and no power adders allowed...we're going all motor.

I bet you anything in the universe i'll make more power spending the same amount of money if you build yours with EFI. Once you buy a decent set of heads you won't be able to afford much else, while i'll get a carb/intake/heads and a cam and still have change left over.

Make it $2200 and i'd take that bet, and when done my car would be worth more, and the converted carb car would be worth less. Because the resale on an Efi car with a carb is damn near cut in half.

Using new technology in an older car is good, using older tech in a newer car is bad.

Make it $2200 and i'd take that bet, and when done my car would be worth more, and the converted carb car would be worth less. Because the resale on an Efi car with a carb is damn near cut in half.

Yeah you might be right there....but that's only if you ever plan on selling your car, and personally i can see mine decomposing around me before i sell it :rlaugh:

Like i said, i'm not saying carbs are absolutely better than EFI, but you also can't say they're not fast and effective. It's all about simplicity in getting the job done :nice:

Yeah you might be right there....but that's only if you ever plan on selling your car, and personally i can see mine decomposing around me before i sell it :rlaugh:

Like i said, i'm not saying carbs are absolutely better than EFI, but you also can't say they're not fast and effective. It's all about simplicity in getting the job done :nice:

I agree!! After everything I have been through with this car, in such a short time, I will either be buried in it, or my kids will be willed the damn thing!! I don't care about resale. I am doing this car for ME and for what I want. It is all about personal choice. :p

To me a carbed car is cleaner looking and when I open my hood i'm proud that I built my car. It's much more pleasing to the eye than a EFI intake, it Looks like a musclecar. I don't feel like a "redneck". It takes a set of balls to take all the EFI stuff off and make it work, it wasn't an easy undertaking that any "redneck" could do.

When I see a carbed engine in an EFI car, I roll my eyes and keep walking. It makes me think of some redneck who things a holley double pumper makes anything have 400hp.

Oooh man am i biting my tongue. Seriously, do you really relate carbs to rednecks, or are you just naive to carburetor technology? That's a pretty insulting statement to make. I guess if you wanna paypal me 3 grand so i can convert my car to EFI then i'll be all for it. Some people just wanna go fast without breaking the bank.

Also, how many rednecks think a CAI makes any EFI car have an extra 40hp? :rolleyes:

On an EFI car, yes, unless its a drag car.

These are the same thoughts that some of my friends had when i converted to carb.. I roll my eyes when they call me to help them trace wiring for idle surge, or a crank but no start condition...

personally, i dont trust 18 year old wiring as much as you do. There are way too many threads where people cant figure out how to stop an idle surge or get tired of going through wiring schematics for days on end.

make sure you keep your wiring diagrams, your paperclips and test lights handy at all times in case you break down. Ill keep a flat blade screwdriver in my glove box and make it home without the help of a tow truck.

I agree!! After everything I have been through with this car, in such a short time, I will either be buried in it, or my kids will be willed the damn thing!! I don't care about resale. I am doing this car for ME and for what I want. It is all about personal choice. :p

That's EXACTLY how I feel about my Capri. I've been to hell and back in that car and it will be a member of my family forever. :SNSign:

That's EXACTLY how I feel about my Capri. I've been to hell and back in that car and it will be a member of my family forever. :SNSign:

:hail2:

Oh and just for the record..............I am far from redneck......GET R' DUN!!

Seriously, I live in a neighborhood, were the houses start at $280K plus. But, you know, everyone is entitled to their opinions, and you know what they say about opinions!! :lol: